The New Orleans office of Akerman LLP seeks an Associate with 2 to 5 years of experience in commercial litigation for its Consumer Financial Services, Data and Technology Practice Group. Excellent academics, legal research, writing and analytical skills, federal and state court experience are required. Financial institutions litigation experience is preferred. Must possess a Juris Doctor degree from an ABA accredited law school and be a member of the Louisiana State Bar.
About the Firm
Akerman LLP is ranked among the top 100 law firms in the United States by The American Lawyer and a top 100 U.S. law firm recognized by Financial Times as among the most forward thinking firms in the industry. Its more than 700 lawyers and business professionals collaborate with the world’s most successful enterprises and entrepreneurs to navigate change, seize opportunities, and help drive innovation and growth. Akerman is known for its results in middle market M&A and complex disputes, and for helping clients achieve their most important business objectives in the financial services, real estate and other dynamic sectors across the United States and Latin America. To learn more about our firm, please visit us at www.akerman.com.
- Top 100 U.S. Law Firms (The American Lawyer)
- Among the Most Innovative Law Firms (Financial Times)
- Top 4 Large Law Firms for Diversity (Law360)
- Top 5 Large Law Firms for Highest Representation of Women (Law360)
- Ranked #6 Among Large Law Firms for Minority Attorneys (Law360)
- “Best Law Firms for Women” (Working Mother Magazine)
- “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality” (100% rating by Corporate Equality Index)
- Top 50 Firm for Diversity (The American Lawyer Diversity Scorecard)
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
We are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can reach their full potential, no matter their race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or genetic makeup.
Note to Search Firms
Akerman LLP will not accept unsolicited resumes or other unsolicited candidate information from Search Firms. Submissions will only be considered when a fully executed fee agreement is in place. Search firms should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.