At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Finance & Accounting
This position has direct responsibility for preparing, inputting and reviewing journal entries relating to Product Costing in order to accomplish monthly financial close. Additional direct responsibility includes preparation of month end statements, the monthly preparation of key performance indicator reports, assisting with the preparation and submittal of the property tax reports and payments and maintaining documentation to satisfy Sarbanes Oxley requirements. This position has indirect responsibility for preparing journal entries and reporting on Natural Gas, Electricity and Catalyst, as well as tracking and reporting of capital projects. As well as assisting with internal and external audits, the yearly preparation of budget and quarterly updates and providing any other reports requested by the corporate office or the Donaldsonville location. Effective communication with other departments is vital to the success of this position. This position supervises the Senior Accountant.
Financial Close Process including Product Costing
– Review, analysis and journal preparation for all turnaround cost.
– Entry and reconciliation of production and transfer tons.
– Distributions and assessment processing.
– Processing of product costing.
– Calculation and journal entry preparation for chemical inventory cost.
– Cost analysis and reporting.
Local Key Performance Indicators
– Cost analysis and reporting.
– Monthly Plant Cost Variance Analysis.
Local Financial & Cost Reporting Enhancements Finished Goods Inventory Reconciliation
– Assist in the reconciliation and tracking of finished goods shipments.
Asset Componentization and Closure
– Assists with the preparation and distribution of the AFE Status Report each month.
– Assists with the close of the AFE’s to fixed assets accurately and on a timely basis.
- Establishes and implements processes and procedures to meet departmental internal controls requirements.
- Ensures that established processes/procedures are followed as designed.
- Works with Internal Controls Department to identify deficiencies in existing processes/procedures, the need for new ones, and the extent to which such processes/procedures are being followed.
- Develops and implements corrective actions with regard to department internal controls as necessary.
Successful incumbents will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree with major in Accounting or equivalent.
- Five to seven years of experience in various areas of accounting with increasing levels of responsibility required, and a minimum of one year of supervisory experience in an accounting environment.
- CPA preferred.
- Must be proficient with basic computer skills and have fundamental working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be detail oriented and have a strong ability to problem-solve.
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills are required.
- Must be able to acquire Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC).
- The ability to prove drug and alcohol free at random and for cause.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal “EEO is the Law” poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at email@example.com.
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK