Grow your career with a growing organization
Whether they’re helping people reach their long-term financial goals or providing personal wealth management strategies, every associate contributes to changing the lives of those we serve for the better. When it comes to job satisfaction, that’s hard to beat. And from a personal satisfaction perspective, you’ll enjoy the freedom to support causes that matter to you and experience a truly inclusive work environment. Your future starts now.
Build a rewarding career helping clients consolidate their accounts into one place to simplify their financial lives. With your unique talents, you have what it takes to be bold and brilliant in everything you do and reach new heights for a company dedicated to diversity and inclusion, community, and you.
The Senior Wealth Advisor, works with individual consumers to ignite a plan to document and meet financial goals and consolidate assets with Empower. The Senior Wealth Advisor utilizes proper licensing, certifications, and industry leading financial tools to develop a deep understanding of customers and provide solutions to improve their financial outlook. A successful Advisor quickly and effectively delivers excellent conversations with customers regarding benefits of consolidating accounts to meet financial goals simply and effectively. Sales results are measured by successful consolidation of outside accounts. These conversations are scheduled by a team of associate advisors and develop to direct recommendations and impactful educational conversations.
What you will do
- Cultivate relationships by prudently addressing customer needs, while maximizing the use of Empower products and service benefits available.
- Drive scheduled appointments that require one to uncover outside asset opportunities, close on the outside opportunities identified, and seamlessly quarterback the onboarding of outside assets.
- Demonstrate wholistic knowledge of goal-based planning by presenting solutions for all types of savings goals, including education planning, retirement planning, and other intermediate to long term savings goal planning.
- Implement Empower’s conversation model and interactive planning tools to identify participant needs and deliver on appropriate next steps.
- Diligently manage time and pipeline to prioritize day based on customer’s needs and likelihood of expanding relationship with Empower.
- Govern the process (using SalesForce CRM) to document conversations, follow up appropriately with clients in the processes of bringing over accounts, and effectively follow up on opportunities not yet closed.
- Partner with relationship management and advisory teams to prioritize appointments that will consolidate outside assets and seamlessly hand back off to the relationship management team once assets are closed.
- Deliver on bi-monthly sales and conversation targets to earn incentive compensation.
- Other duties as assigned which may involve some or all of the following: staff meetings, product seminars/training, meeting all federal and state requirements as they pertain to securities and insurance regulations etc., in support of strategic department and firm initiatives.
What you will bring
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and professional work experience.
- 3+ years of financial industry experience with demonstrated sales success.
- FINRA Series 7, 63, and 65 registrations required within established timelines.
- FINRA fingerprinting required.
What will set you apart
- A passion for helping mass-affluent customers structure and reach intermediate to long term savings goals.
- Motivated, self-starter with the drive to thrive in a high velocity, senior sales environment.
- Desire to quickly learn and implement new financial tools, computer systems, and conversation expectations.
- Team-first and customer-first mentality to preserve and enhance Empower’s phenomenal culture and customer-centric values.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills with a working knowledge of retirement plans.
- Exceptional listening, verbal, and presentation skills.
- In-depth understanding of retail investment vehicles and qualified retirement plans.
What we offer you
We offer an array of diverse and inclusive benefits regardless of where you are in your career. We believe that providing our employees with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in the best possible work performance.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings – 401(k) plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 5%), financial advisory services, potential company discretionary contribution, and a broad investment lineup
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Business-casual environment that includes the option to wear jeans
- Generous paid time off upon hire – including a paid time off program plus nine paid company holidays and three floating holidays each calendar year
- Paid volunteer time — 16 hours per calendar year
- Leave of absence programs – including paid parental leave, paid short- and long-term disability, and Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) – internal networks that rally around common interest, experiences and identities such as race, ethnicity, gender, ability, military status and sexual orientation. BRGs play a vital role in educating and engaging our people and advancing our business priorities.
The salary range below describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position in the location listed. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Base Salary Range
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, religion, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.