Opportunity.Opportunities.JobCategory: Memory Care
Aster Place | EC02
741 Park East Blvd
Lafayette, IN 47905, USA
Memory Care Support Specialist
Bring your heart to work!
Caring people make the difference at American Senior Communities!
Compassion, Accountability, Relationships and Excellence are the core values for American Senior Communities.
These words not only form an acronym for C.A.R.E., they are our guiding principles and create the framework for all our relationships with customers, team members and community at large.
About our Senior Living Division
Our Senior Living Division offers team members the opportunity to advance their career while working in a fast paced and rewarding environment.
We take pride in offering our residents more than just a place to rest their head.
As a member of the Senior Living division, you will have the opportunity to use your skills to enhance the lifestyles of our residents and help them explore their passions. Our whole-person centered care focuses on nurturing the physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual well-being of our residents.
The hands-on experience you will gain allows you the opportunity to create meaningful relationships with your team and our residents.
What will you be doing and how will you make a difference at American Senior Communities?
- Maintain, demonstrate, and forward a Person-Centered Approach to resident care within the Memory Care Center environment.
- Ensures the delivery of compassionate quality of care approach to residents.
- Assists team to effectively manage resident behavioral expressions and interventions through a non-pharmacological and person-centered approach.
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team in the development and maintenance of the social service and activity portions of the plan of care for each resident.
- Interacts with residents, family members to educate about dementia and answer questions and resolve concerns)
- Observers and provides staff education on Alzheimer disease progression
- Interpreting and evaluating program policy and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required (psychology, social work, sociology, recreational therapy).
- Minimum of three years human services experience with two years working with dementia or Alzheimer’s care/patients preferred.
- Demonstrates C.A.R.E.
values to our residents, family members, customers, and staff.
Our commitment to our team members:
- PayActiv – Hourly employees have immediate access up to 50% of your earned pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance available – Plans starting as low as $20 a week
- Employees can access convenient telehealth services
- PTO and holiday pay for full time staff
- Tuition assistance and up to $500 for certifications
- Workforce Chaplains: Confidential, non-denomination resources available for employees and household family members of employees.
- Employee Referral Program – get paid to refer a friend to join our team
We are Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
41 CFR 60-1.35(c)