Certified Pharmacy Technician – Natchitoches, Louisiana
Are you interested in joining a rapidly-growing, dynamic Specialty Pharmacy company working in a full-plate plus environment? CRx Specialty Pharmacy is growing and looking for incredible talent! CRx Specialty Pharmacy is a dedicated team of specialized pharmacists, technicians, and representatives navigating the entire complicated Specialty Pharmacy process to provide a concierge experience to our clients for a bottom-line substantial reduction in cost.
Currently, we are experiencing accelerated growth in a rapidly changing industry. There’s never been a better time to join our team. We are seeking motivated, coachable, self-driven individuals that possess a servant leadership philosophy and are looking for long term positions at CRx Specialty Pharmacy.
Role and Responsibilities
The CRX Pharmacy Technician is responsible for maintaining an effective and professional relationship with clients and patients while positively representing CRX Specialty Solution Pharmacy.
- Verify and check prescription claim data for employer groups.
- Manage calls from members, HR, and Doctors’ offices to assist in initiating prior authorizations and other needs.
- Receive dosage changes, prior authorizations, Variable Co Pay eligibility checks, and questions over the phone and verify validity.
- Assist in reprocessing claims in our processing system, if appropriate.
- Collaborate with Pharmacists and Doctor officers to assist in administering prior authorizations and other needs.
- Receive verbal refill and override requests and verify that information is complete and accurate with doctor offices, TPAs and/or HR. Consult with pharmacist when necessary.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians’ orders and prescriptions.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Multi-task between multiple CRx and Southern Scripts workforce applications
- Abide by all obligations under HIPAA related to Protected Health Information (PHI).
- If a HIPAA violation is discovered, whether individually or by another, you must report the violation to the Compliance Officer and/or Human Resources.
- Attend, complete, and demonstrate competency in all required HIPAA Training offered by the company.
- Flexibility to understand, appreciate and embrace that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Display flexibility and adaptability to changing environments.
- Possess the ability to tolerate taxing workloads.
- Function effectively under stress.
- Adhere to deadlines.
- Demonstrate integrity, concern for others, interpersonal skills, interest and motivation.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Ability to respect confidentiality of patient information is required.
- Understanding of medical terminology and calculations is required.
- Familiarity with medication names and general uses
- Ability to work as a team and individually to attain personal and departmental goals
- Compounding experience is preferred.
- Basic math and computer skills are required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and industry related software programs.
This is a full-time/non-exempt, hourly position.
Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with occasional after-hours or weekend duties.
CRx Specialty Solutions, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M/F/V/D EOE