KPC Promise Hospital of BATON ROUGE: Works under the supervision of the Laboratory Director.
Follows prescribed procedures and performs any of the tests in chemistry, hematology, immunohematology, and microbiology as needed.
- Bachelors degree and graduate of accredited Medical Technologist program required
- Current state license maintained in accordance with State Department of Health standards
- Intermediate computer skills
– Microsoft Word, Excel
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Physical: Walking – up to 80% Standing – up to 90% Kneeling – up to 2%
Sitting – up to 10% Pushing – up to 10% Bending – up to 2%
Squatting – up to 2% Pulling – up to 2% Reaching – up to 15%
Lifting – up to 50 lbs Wrist/Finger Movements – up to 90%
Mental: Stress Level: Moderate to High
EXPOSURE RISK: Category I
– Jobs in which required tasks routinely involve a potential for mucous membranes or skin contact with blood, body fluids, tissues or potential spills or splashes.
Use of appropriate measures is required for every healthcare provider in these jobs.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, MATERIALS, MACHINES USED : Basic laboratory equipment (timers, glassware, pipetters, centrifuges, etc.), Software driven automatic analyzers, Common computer and network hardware / software
CERTIFICATIONS : Medical Technologist (ASCP) or equivalent