JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world’s largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000 employees operating in 24 countries globally.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs, produces and distributes an extensive range of interior and exterior doors, wood, vinyl and aluminium windows and related products for use in the new construction and repair and remodelling of residential homes and non-residential buildings.
Our products and services afford us the opportunity to enter peoples’ workplaces, homes and daily lives.
With this privilege comes great responsibility to ensure that the products we deliver are reliable and enrich the places and lives that they touch.
We bring beauty and security to the spaces that touch our lives.
We act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through innovation, deliver on our promises and improve every day.
We are seeking talented individuals who share this purpose and values and want to excel in their field of expertise.
We offer excellent benefits, a collaborative environment in which to apply your talent and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career progression opportunities.
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager will lead the site environmental, health and safety initiatives.
They will assist site leadership with establishing site specific policies and standards to ensure compliance with regulatory and JELD-WEN Global EH&S requirements, prevent injuries & illnesses, reduce workers’ compensation costs and help create a strong EH&S culture.
Experience with MS Suite of products, e.g.
Excel, Access, Minitab, PowerPoint & Visio required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identifying environmental, health & safety risks and hazards in the workplace and implementing prevention programs
• Advising site leaders and employees on how to minimize risks and hazards in the workplace and improve environmental, health & safety performance
• Assisting the site in complying with applicable environmental, health & safety requirements
• Training site employees on environmental, health & safety requirements and the EH&S management system
• Assisting sites with implementing JELD-WEN EH&S programs, policies & standards and EH&S management system
• Training line managers to recognize hazards and risks and leading the line organization in identifying and controlling hazards and risks
• Conducting environmental, health & safety inspections in the workplace
• Managing emergency procedures (such as fire alarm drills)
• Offering general environmental, health & safety advice to all employees
• Reporting injuries, illnesses and near misses to the corporate environmental, health & safety department and business leaders
• Establishing site specific EH&S reports and communicating performance with the site leadership
• Maintaining accurate EH&S records applicable for the site, e.g.
OSHA injury & illness logs, environmental permits and testing, training documentation, equipment inspection records, etc.
• Tracking environmental, health & safety inspection and audit findings to closure
• Assisting the plant manager with establishing and maintaining a site environmental, health & safety council
• Sharing environmental, health & safety lessons learned and encourage a learning culture on environmental, health & safety.
• Partnering closely with all site leaders to create, maintain and improve our safety environment.
• BS Safety Engineering, Safety Sciences, Engineering or similar
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred
• 7-10 years of environmental, health & safety experience in a global manufacturing organization
• Experience implementing EH&S Management Systems, e.g.
ISO 14001, ANSI Z-10, or ISO 45001
• Significant knowledge of U.S.
Environmental, Safety & Health laws (OSHA & EPA) required
• Experience using web-based systems to support EH&S, e.g.
Process Map, Enablon, Gen-Suite, or similar
• Strong communication, presentation, training and facilitation, project management skills are essential
• Proficiency in LEAN and Continuous Improvement manufacturing principles
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Process safety management experience desired
• Exemplary customer service skills and attention to detail
• Advanced skills using the Microsoft suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Access databases
• Strong analytical skills to analyze safety & health data
• Up to 10% overnight travel required.
JELD-WEN is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by JELD-WEN, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services