The Vice President (VP) of Operations Central Region is responsible for operational management of Medical Group ambulatory practice sites at community and academic medical center locations.
This individual ensures a high-quality and safe patient experience, adequate support for providers to deliver patient care as well as productive and profitable operations.
The VP of Operations Central Region prioritizes, creates and develops organizational goals and implementation plans required to achieve multi-specialty practice objectives and long-term growth.
They will also be responsible for the overall evaluation and process to increase and maintain high levels of quality patient care and employee safety across practices.
This VP oversees and manages the resources required to improve profitability and efficiency.
This VP manages business growth and profitability, reviews operations management data, budgets, HIPAA-related compliance reporting and activities as well as all applicable laws, policies and regulations governing the medical group.
- Assure the quality, safety and appropriateness of patient care services are reviewed and evaluated on a regular basis and adequate actions required by findings are implemented.
- Utilize a variety of feedback and works collaboratively with leadership, practice management, and staff to identity and pursue opportunities for improvement.
- Establish and revise standards for all areas to achieve maximum cost-efficiency and operational performance.
- Define, develop and implement policies and procedures which guide and support provision of service in specific practices.
- Make effective staffing recommendations for current and future needs of practice/department.
- Improve the type and scope of services required to meet the needs of patients and medical group.
- Monitor net return on individual programs and conduct cost analysis.
- Apply financial principles to annual operating/capital budgets which support department goals.
- Approve payment allocations.
- Bachelor s Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration or related field
- Master s degree in Business, Healthcare Administration or related field preferred
- Seven to ten years progressive managerial experience in community and academic medical practice management or other applicable environment required.
- Proven commitment to quality service delivery and achieving organizational mission required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system (Health System) in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people.
The Health System includes eleven adult acute care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, multi-site imaging centers, an accountable care organization and the Medical Group which is among the 20 largest in the nation.
The Medical Group is a multispecialty group practice, including the Rutgers RWJ Medical School, comprised of highly trained and experienced primary and specialty care physicians and advanced practice providers (Providers).
Medical Group Providers treat our patients with compassionate and innovative cutting-edge care for people at every stage of life at easily accessible facilities conveniently located throughout New Jersey.
Backed by the vast continuum of resources of the Health System, our dedicated Providers and expertly trained support staff continuously strive for clinical excellence.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts