Joining DaVita as Patient Care Technician (PCT) is an exciting opportunity to jump start your career in the health care industry.
With paid, extensive training, you will gain the skills needed to care for our patients and build a network of other health care professionals across the geography where you live.
Once you have successfully completed training, you will join a holistic team of care professionals including nurses, dietitian, social workers, and other experienced PCTs to care for our patients.
Its not a job, its giving life and a career based on passion and purpose.
Our PCTs also find DaVita professionally fulfilling.
To help advance your career, we offer clear paths to higher levels of responsibility and compensation by becoming a PCT II or PCT III.
Through DaVitas Bridge to your Dreams program, teammates who have been in their role for six consecutive months and in good standing, are eligible to receive tuition assistance up front to pursue their dream of becoming a DaVita RN and getting their Associates Degree in Nursing.
We also have dedicated training to become a Facility Administer, and training to become a Regional Operations Director.
Your success is driven by your performance and desire.
Our PCT roles do not require previous health care experience so consider applying today.
*What you can expect:* * *Direct Patient Care.* Spend the majority of your day in direct one-on-one patient care to provide safe, comfortable and hygienic dialysis treatment.
Our PCTs care for up to 4 patients at a time.
* *Technician Duties*.
To monitor patients before, during and after dialysis treatment including measuring and recording stats, patient observations, and hemodialysis machine setup.
Please note you will have exposure to blood and needles.
* *Continuous Improvement:* We are consistently looking for ways to improve processes for our patients and teammates as we aim to build the greatest health care community the world has ever seen.
* *Building long-term relationships *with your patients who are suffering from end stage renal disease and are receiving treatment on average 3 times/week.
You will also be responsible for educating patients on Kidney Dialysis related topics.
* *Team.* Cross functional team of clinicians including technicians, nurses, dietitians, social workers and leadership.
PCTs work under the supervision of a RN.
Shifts can begin as early as 4:30 am and can vary based on patient needs.
Your expected shift will be shared during the interview process *Some details about this position:* * Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic with a class of new teammates other than your assigned home clinic * Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during training * You must be flexible on the final home clinic placement as it may be in a different location; there is also the potential to float to various clinics during and after your training * You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holiday *Requirements:* * Desire to enter the health care field to care for other people in need * High school diploma or equivalent * Must be comfortable working around blood and needles * Must be comfortable mixing acid or bicarb * Flexibility and availability to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed * Physical and mental ability to work long hours (some shifts are 12+ hours) on your feet so wear comfortable shoes!
Our work ends when its safe for our patients.
* Willingness to train and work across multiple clinics within the territory as needed.
* Health care experience a plus including: BONENT Certified, Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT), Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), or Phlebotomy certification.
*Are you ready to make a positive difference in a patients life?
Take the first step at* (careers.davita.com)(https://careers.davita.com/).
DaVita is an equal opportunity employer Vet and Disability.
To learn more about what this means (click here.)(https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf) *What Well Provide:* More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most including: * *Comprehensive benefits:* Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out * *Support for you and your family:* family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more * *Paid training:* DaVita offers all new dialysis teammates a robust, paid training program to help you learn the right dialysis skills.
The training is a mix of classroom and hands on training.
* *Reimbursement *for your Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT) license * *Preceptor University:* Learn how to become teach future DaVita teammates clinical procedures and policies * *Opportunity to grow personally and professionally*.
DaVita is committed to providing robust development opportunities including: * DSSL & SPARK Gives clinical teammates the chance to develop into supervisory and leadership skills * Bridge to Your Dreams: Offers high-performing patient care technicians (PCTs) a path to becoming a registered nurse through fully funded tuition and career coaching.
* 100+ CEU courses at no cost * Gateway: A web-based application available to teammates for career planning, learning and training, and recognition.
It allows you to access new courses and CE credits and explore career paths on your own time.
It also has a newsfeed to keep you up to date on Village news and functions as a social platform to connect you to teammates