Gilead Sciences, Inc.
is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people.
The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis, and cancer.
Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
Gileads mission is to discover, develop and deliver therapies that will improve the lives of patients with life-threatening illnesses worldwide.
As a Senior Therapeutic Specialist, Oncology, you are responsible for representing Gileads products and services to a defined customer base, generating and growing sales focusing on consistently achieving or exceeding sales targets within a specific geographic area, including but not limited to, in-person representation and face to face meetings with healthcare practitioners within the assigned area.
They focus on establishing strong working relationships with healthcare practices to provide timely delivery of disease awareness information, clinical updates on education, and healthcare changes.
They synthesize complex clinical concepts to appropriate literacy and conceptual levels for diverse audiences.
They possess strong presentation and communications skills and a proven record of interacting with healthcare professionals.
Additionally, Senior Therapeutic Specialists are responsible for developing an understanding of the issues and opportunities unique to each geography.
This unique opportunity supports the New Orleans-Shreveport territory which covers the entire state of Louisiana.
- Responsible for representing Oncology products and services to a defined customer base, generating and growing sales, and consistently achieving or exceeding sales targets within a specific geographic area
- Prepare a business plan for your territory to achieve goals and initiate systems to monitor sales progress and action plans.
- Responsible for identifying patient pathways within the oncology offices in assigned territory and facilitating patient access to treatment.
- Promote assigned products to targeted oncologists and office staff, in-servicing all staff to ensure safe and appropriate drug administration, and work with all staff to make them aware of the suite of Gilead patient services
- Establish and develop business relationships with key customers, accounts, and relevant key opinion leaders.
- Experience in hospital and large account sales, managing through complex reimbursement issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, solid presentation skills, and ability to influence others to represent Gilead at professional events and promote company products
- Partner with Medical Scientists, Marketing, and Market Access on various cross-functional projects to drive sales and patient adoption
- Demonstrates leadership among peers by consistent application and modeling of the appropriate compliance, behavior, and conduct
- Assist in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities, communicate proactively to Marketing and Sales management.
- Complete necessary administrative tasks promptly, e.g., updating customer database, expenses, etc.
- Ensures all department personnel are fully informed of, and in compliance with Gilead commercial compliance policy, all applicable federal and state laws and guidance relating to product promotion and information dissemination including, but not limited to, the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, the Food and Drug Administrations implementing regulations, the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act, PhRMA, Corporate Code of Business Conduct and the Office of the Inspector Generals Compliance Program Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- High School and Nine Years Experience
- Associates Degree and Seven Years Experience
- Bachelors Degree and Five Years Experience
- Masters Degree and Three Years Experience
- Ability to engage in travel as may be reasonably required, including regular travel within the assigned area (and, to the extent applicable, satisfaction of any requirements associated with such travel).
- Satisfaction of any onsite visitation requirements of healthcare practitioners within an assigned area, if applicable (which may include but not be limited to, by way of example, vaccinations, drug and background screenings, and any other requirements that certain healthcare practitioners may adopt).
- To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A valid drivers license is required
- A minimum of 7 years of pharmaceutical/healthcare sales experience and a BS/BA degree or equivalent, preferred.
- Previous product launch experience
- Possess superior selling skills in highly competitive markets
- Prior experience in oncology therapy.
- Prior experience in the therapeutic field of breast cancer is strongly preferred
- Aptitude for understanding scientific product related information.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and build working relationships internally and externally.
Specifically, developing strong relationships with Oncology key opinion leaders.
- Proven expertise in influencing as well as strong negotiation skills
- Proven experience in account planning and cross-functional account management approach.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a general level of autonomy and independence.
- Familiar with industry trends and remain current with competitors resources and practices.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, be able to identify and understand moderate to complex issues and problems and interpret information in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to management and specialists.
- Strong ability to work in cross-functional teams