Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry.
Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S.
gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint.
The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition.
Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen.
The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value.
With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle.
Situated at the end of famed Canal Street, The Westin New Orleans offers stunning views of the mighty Mississippi River and the French Quarter.
Guests are just steps from the Shops at Canal Place and Harrah’s Casino and a short walk to the excitement of Bourbon Street and the Ernest N.
Morial Convention Center.
The hotel features 462 rooms and suites, including a Presidential Suite, with Westin’s signature Heavenly® bedding, 34,000-sq-ft of event space, a fully equipped WestinWORKOUT fitness center, a lobby bar Observatory 11 with the best view of the French Quarter anywhere, and a new restaurant Bistro at the Bend.
The Business Travel Sales Manager is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in his/her market segments.
He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP’s, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team.
- Conduct Outside sales calls 2-3 days per week
- Meet or exceed set goals.
- Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
- Initiate and follow up on leads.
- Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
- Regularly contact existing accounts based on the tracing frequencies of the Account Coverage Program.
- Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Director of Sales.
- Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
- Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments, i.e.
parties, sales blitzes, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
- Be familiar with all Highgate Hotel sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average Daily Rate (ADR).
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
- Use your property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
- Meet and greet onsite contacts.
- Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST).
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- At least 2 years sales experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be skilled in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work
– Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc.
from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
For California Applicants Only
Highgate Hotels, L.P.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others.
It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.