At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services.
While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that.
We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists.
Thats why we believe diversity is our greatest strength.
HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world.
That ideas inspire positive change.
That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives.
And that small details yield important realizations.
Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Senior Water Resources Engineer, well count on you to:
- Provide project engineering and task management, conduct difficult to complex hydraulic and hydrologic modeling; conduct floodplain delineation studies in accordance with FEMA guidelines; design for flood mitigation, storm water, stream restoration, dams and reservoirs, watershed master planning, and coastal restoration projects; lead production of design calculations and technical reports; and lead preparation of engineering plans and specifications for design of detention facilities, storm drains, flood control facilities and other hydraulic structures.
- Work independently in addition to leading, planning, organizing and assisting medium to large teams of professionals and technician’s dependent on project/task.
- Conduct water resources planning, plan formulation and concept development, and develop planning documentation.
- Assist in water resources permitting efforts.
- Participate in professional organizations.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, Civil preferred. MS degree highly desired
- 8+ years of experience in water resources engineering projects
- PE in Louisiana or licensed in another state with the ability to be licensed in Louisiana within 6 months.
- Experience in water resources planning, hydrology/hydraulics modeling and drainage/flood control design
- Experience with HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, SRH-2D, InfoWorks, StormCAD, ArcGIS
- Experience with 2D hydraulic modeling software preferred.
- Familiarity with DOT drainage design criteria
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
At HDR, we know work isnt only about who you work for; its also about what you do and how you do it.
Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each others contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same.
We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.