Requisition ID: R10011034
The NOALS team at Northrop Grumman Space Systems is looking for you to join our team as a Software Engineer based out of Schriever AFB, in Colorado Springs, CO.
The NOALS Software team writes new software and maintains software that is used for different needs on the program:
- We maintain software used to remotely establish connections for status & control of ground equipment.
- We also maintain software that handles scheduling of on-orbit contacts, and orbit calculations.
- We write software that supports launch operations with trajectory calculations for the SpaceX and ULA vendors.
- We provide customized telemetry software solutions for special program requirements.
- We write new software that interfaces with a vendor switching architecture solution.
- Active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance and take a CI poly
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other STEM related degree with 2+ years of software development experience or 5 year’s in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with Agile software development using C++ and Java programming languages in a Microsoft Windows and/or Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment.
- Knowledge of object oriented design and how to apply it in software development.
- An experienced self-starter who can work and problem solve independently with minimal guidance.
- Experience using an IDE for Java software development and a debugger.
- Experience with Atlassian toolset (Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence, Fisheye/Crucible).
- Experience with Git distributed version control system.
- Experience with Java build system (Ant/Maven/Gradle). Working knowledge of Windows and Red Hat Linux Operating Systems. Working knowledge of SQL databases.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with CI poly
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux administration
- Experience with Spring/Spring Boot frameworks.
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Experience with VMware toolsets.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022 or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.