Volt Workforce Solutions is currently hiring for an Entry level Manufacturing engineer at our clients Thibodaux, Louisiana location. A bachelor’s degree in either Engineering or Technology is required for this position. Candidates with no professional experience will be considered.
Responsibilities as a Manufacturing engineer include:
- Plans, coordinates, and performs manufacturing engineering work for a project or process.
- Operates in a team environment within either the enterprise product delivery process or the enterprise order fulfilment process.
- May assign coordinate and review portions of the work for support personnel and contractors.
- Provides support and basic trouble shooting for current operations. Investigates, gathers and analyze data for specifically assigned, recurring tasks.
- Establishes routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, quality plans and labor standards for revisions to current operations and/or new parts or programs of limited scope.
- Identifies and implements cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic improvement ideas of limited scope.
- Works with electronic tools to perform engineering functions.
- Designs operations layouts to improve material flow and material presentation.
- Modifies existing performance pay plans; assists in development of baseline data for new wage performance pay plans.
Requirement for a Manufacturing Engineer are as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree in either Engineering or Technology
- Manufacturing shop floor experience is a plus
- Experience with vehicle electrical systems is a plus
- Experience with tooling design is a plus
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer