Do you want to work for an organization that Makes a Lasting Impact on Kids?
AMIkids has served over 140,000 kids and their families since 1969. Being part of the AMIkids team means that you are helping youth realize their full potential and become a valuable part of their community.
Now, you can be a part of this outstanding organization and help guide the way. Take the step. Make a difference.
Our Guiding Principles: Kids First, Family and Safety
Our Core Values: Respect, Creativity, Honesty, Enthusiasm, Loyalty, Integrity, Leadership, Diversity, Goal Orientation, Excellence and Dedication.
We are currently seeking a Food Service Worker
The role of the Food Service Worker is to teach and safely conduct the planning, preparation, and serving of Program meals. Safely supervise youth under instruction in quality menu planning, food preparation, waste disposing, recycling and serving standards.
Essential Job Duties
- Plan and submit weekly Program menus to supervisors within specified time frame according to Program standards,
- Supervise and instruct youth in quality menu planning, food preparation, and serving of meals,
- Oversee and encourage recycling practices and waste disposal according to local procedures,
- Plan and prepare meals for Program special events (trips, graduations, and holidays),
- Submit and maintain weekly food Inventory according to policies and contract standards,
- Assure maintenance and cleanliness of facility equipment and supplies,
- Maintain safe and secure storage of kitchen area facility, equipment, supplies and food,
- Conduct and practices emergency evacuation procedures, serious youth accident injuries and fire evacuation procedures,
- Maintain production records, inventories, contract audit documentation and equipment, supply, maintenance logs,
- Ensure the safety, supervision, counseling, and role modeling for youth,
- Communicate maintenance repairs and supplies needs to supervisor,
- Teach youth how to maintain all equipment within compliance standards,
- Keep, maintain, and submit daily food production records and counts as required,
- Document and maintain files on inventories, temperature logs and production records,
- Maintain documentation for NSLP, USDA, and DHHS reports,
- Serve as an advisor and positive role model for assigned youth,
- Effective use of the Behavior Modification System by providing redirection and coaching to youth who exhibit inappropriate behavior,
- Prevent and intervene in youth altercations and incidents, using the authorized state mandated training methods,
- Administer first aid and CPR during emergencies in accordance with the national standards,
- Assume supervision responsibilities for absent instructors as directed by supervisors,
- Actively participates in day trips and special activities that involve recreational sports, facility and equipment cleaning, grounds maintenance, and equipment relocation,
- Attend behavioral meetings and youth awards meetings with staff and supervisors,
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED,
- Minimum one (1) year of related experience,
- ServSafe certification is required,
- Obtain and maintain appropriate crisis intervention and physical restraint training and certification as defined by state requirements,
- Obtain and maintain current CPR and First Aid Certification by nationally recognized organization,
- Must possess and maintain valid driver’s license in the state of employment and have a driving record that meets the standards of the AMIkids Transportation Policy (CDL may be required based on role).
What’s in it for you?
As well as gain an opportunity to make an exceptional difference in kids’ lives, AMIkids offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Growth opportunities – we pride ourselves on developing our leaders from within
- Health Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, & Prescription Drug plan options; Health Spending Account, Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Wellness Benefits – EAP, Health Coaching, Stress Management Programs, etc.
- Employer Funded Pension Plan, Voluntary 403(B) Retirement Plan, Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Pet Insurance, World Travel Assistance, Car Rental discounts, Gym Membership discounts, and more.
For more information on AMIkids go to amikids.org
For additional AMIkids career opportunities: www.amikids.org/careers