At Cable One and our family of brands, we keep our customers and associates connected to what matters most. For our associates, that means: a thriving and rewarding career, respect for the communities where they live and work, a focus on health and wellness, an excellent work/life balance, and an open and inclusive workplace.?
As a Sparklight Technician, you will be helping your community stay connected to what matters most! Your daily tasks will include installing services in residential and commercial properties, completing repairs, and relocating existing equipment.
What you will do to contribute to the company’s success
- Connect our customers to what they love by installing customer service drops or outlets in both residential and business properties.?
- Take?the training you gain to use?electronic test equipment and online diagnostic tools to troubleshoot customer service drops or outlets, diagnose and repair reception performance issues, and resolve all problems from the customer’s equipment to the output of the first distribution amplifier.?
- You will ensure we’re providing?proper upstream and downstream signal levels at each termination on the customer’s premises.?
- You will be?proactive by suggesting upgrades of existing services as well as educate customers on the use of their new/existing equipment.?
- This position has the expectation and responsibility to take on other duties needed to help drive our Purpose, fulfill our Brand Principles, and abide by our Organization’s Value.?
- A good driving record and a valid driver’s license?in the state you are applying.?
- We want to train you! You will need to have the aptitude and ability to learn to use RF, digital and Volt-Ohm meters and other related equipment to interpret data and use information to solve problems and determine optimal signal routing.?
- Flexibility to go above and beyond for our customers by working overtime and on-call as needed.?
- Problem solving is key when working with our customers. Be able to listen to customers and present solutions?in a positive manner.?
- Due to the nature of the position you will need to?successfully?work in small and confined areas;?lift?to 80?lbs.;?work on a ladder;?and work in all weather?conditions.
- You will have demonstrated at least 3 months of customer service or related experience and/or training.? The equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable.??
- High school diploma or GED.??
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.? Our customers need you to help keep them connected to what matters most!?
- Committed:?Values each and every customer, while working hard to keep their business and support our communities.?
- Helpful:?Delivers support in the ways that are most useful to our customers and addresses their needs with expertise, respect, and empathy.?
- Proactive:?Understand what our customers need, and actively works to make their relationship with use seamless, easy, and rewarding.?
- Personal:?Knows our customers well, and tailors our communications and interactions to address their needs and expectations.?
Cable One and our family of brands appreciates the role our associates play to help the company grow, and in return an excellent benefits package is offered to our associates to recognize the importance of their contributions, such as:?
- Medical, dental, and vision plans – start when you start!?
- Life insurance (self, spouse, children)
- Paid time off (vacation, holiday, and personal/sick days)?
- 401(k) – 100% company match (match program starts after 1 year of service, up to 5% of eligible compensation)
- Group Legal plan with Identity Theft Protection
- Tuition reimbursement (up to $5,250 on 1st year)?
- Free Cable One services if you live in a serviceable area
- Annual community support to various organizations across the U.S.?
- Associate recognition & awards programs
- Advancement opportunities?
- Collaborative work environment?
We’re an Award-Winning Organization!
- 2022 Forbes’ “America’s Best Midsized Employers”
Diversity lies in the communities we serve and among the associates who dedicate themselves to ensure our continued success. Here at Cable One and our family of brands, we believe it is our individual and unique talents, backgrounds and perspectives that, when combined, truly make us an unstoppable force. “Stronger Together” is not just a verbal cue, it is the motto that our associates live by, exemplify, and embody each and every day.
Cable One and our family of brands is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Cable One and our family of brands is committed to keeping our associates and customers safe. Job offers are contingent upon the results of background, drug screening, and reference check. Only after successfully passing these pre-hire clearances are individuals approved for hire and ready to start their successful and rewarding career.?