IT Tier 2 Helpdesk Technician
The Advocate is Louisiana’s largest news organization with a staff of more than 100 journalists across our three markets – New Orleans, Baton Rouge & Lafayette and is locally owned. We believe strongly in the power of local journalism. This allows us to be agile, to experiment, to succeed – and to fail. It’s why we want to continue our digital transformation, become more focused on our readers’ wants and needs and build upon a business model that will allows us to publish authoritative local news for another 100-plus years.
The Advocate is looking for an experienced Tier 2 IT technician in our offices to provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems. The ideal team member should have technical knowledge, experience troubleshooting & researching solutions in a timely manner, and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with stressed individuals. Our goal is to keep our company and coworkers operating at optimal levels.
- Serve as the point of contact for coworkers seeking technical assistance.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by coworkers.
- Walk the individual through the problem-solving process.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel or vendor support if needed.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs.
- Follow-up and update customer status and information.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
- Proven experience as a help desk technician, end user support, or network support role.
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of Microsoft office products, Adobe products, databases, and remote desktop.
- Good understanding of computer operating systems including Windows PC and Mac, Active Directory, mobile devices, and other tech products.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered.
- BSc/BA in IT, Computer Science, or relevant field
- PC and Mac support experience
The Advocate is committed to recruiting, developing, and promoting a diverse workforce while providing unique opportunities and career paths for our employees. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds and experience levels to apply.