Position at Pilgrim’s
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office.
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first – always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
Implements and performs preventative maintenance on equipment or facilities in the plant & live areas.
• Day to day maintenance and repair to cages and other equipment.
• Perform PM’s /or checks for verifications.
• Troubleshoot and repair equipment.
• Observe and test system operation, using gauges and instruments.
• Adjust or replace worn or defective mechanisms and parts, and reassemble repaired systems.
• Estimate, order, pick up, deliver, and install materials and supplies needed to maintain equipment in good working condition.
• Operate forklift to move cages when necessary.
• Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
• Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
• Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly. Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
Other duties as assigned.
• Physical demands: Climbing including ladders, lifting, working with a variety of hand and power tools, shop machines and tools.
• Work environment: Must be able to work in areas of extreme heat, and cold conditions.
• Position requires a drug test
• Must be able to learn quickly and make good decisions.
• Must be able to work in a team environment and perform a variety of duties.
HS diploma or GED preferred.
Welding and cutting experience required.
2 – 3 years of industrial mechanic experience in a food industry environment preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member will be exposed to both an outdoor environment and the production environment of wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the production environment is usually loud.
Applicant must also be able to do the following:
• Standing 1000% of the time.
• Workable use of both hands and able to grasp.
• Good eye sight (with or without corrective lens).
• Able to perform repetitive task.
• Able to walk, stand, reach, bend, climb, push, pull, and stoup.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs. in weight.