The Advocate | The Times Picayune – South Louisiana’s biggest media organization, with newsrooms in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and Lafayette — is looking for an editor to lead its Capitol News Bureau. We’re searching for an experienced journalist who can coach reporters on daily and enterprise stories, manage breaking news in a competitive digital media market and help develop in-depth packages that tackle important issues. Our political team – headquartered at the State Capitol in Baton Rouge – dives into Louisiana’s colorful political scene, explains how state government affects people’s daily lives and follows Louisiana’s delegation in Congress.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge Requirements:
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field.
- Preferred: 5 years’ experience in the newspaper industry and editing for newspaper.
- Thorough knowledge of English language, writing, grammar, spelling, and style.
- Thorough knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Thorough knowledge of communication law – libel, open meetings, public documents.
- Considerable knowledge of computers, newspaper system, and research tools, etc.
Benefits offered: PTO, Health, dental, vision, life, short term disability (STD), long term disability (LTD), holidays and more.
The Advocate is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, developing, and promoting a diverse workforce while providing unique opportunities and career paths for our employees. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds and experience levels to apply.