Job Description Notice to Applicant about this Employer: You are applying for a job with an independently owned cooperative member of Ace Hardware Corporation, who operates this Ace Hardware store, not Ace Hardware Corporation.
The independent store owner alone is responsible for and independently makes all decisions concerning employment related matters, including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing and scheduling.
Ace Hardware Corporation will not receive a copy of any applications submitted for this position, and will have no control over interviews and/or hiring decisions, does not control and is not responsible for the employment policies and practices of the independent store owner.
If hired, the independent store owner will be your only employer.
Ace Hardware Corporation is not the employer for this position.
The Ace Hardware trademarks, logos and designs are owned by Ace Hardware Corporation and used by independent store owners under a license from Ace Hardware Corporation.About Big K ACE Hardware:General SummaryThe Cashier is responsible for register transactions involving the sale and/or return of merchandise.Essential Duties & ResponsibilitiesInclude the following.
Other duties may be assigned.Customer Service
• Project a positive representation.
• Greet customers entering and throughout the store.
Thank customers by name, when possible, when they are leaving the store.
• Project a friendly, outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
• Clear customer checkout lines quickly and efficiently.
• Answer and monitor all calls and pages promptly, courteously and effectively.
• Communicate any problem or issue that requires management assistance.
• Continually build product knowledge base and possess the ability to assist customers with store layout and product location.
• Assist in stocking of merchandise.Register Operations
• Follow all cash register transaction procedures per training and store policies.Front End Appearance and Upkeep
• Keep the front end, including checkout areas and entrance doors neat and clean at all times.
Face and dust front end.
• Assist with keeping impulse counters stocked and faced.
• Ensure forms and supplies are stocked at all times.
• Call for cart pickups when necessary.
• Inform management when merchandise returns need to be put away.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.Requirements Friendly helpful personality.
Enjoy working with people and helping them.
ExperienceCashier experience preferred.
Customer service experience preferred.Physical DemandsStanding, walking, lifting (up to 25lbs)