At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services.
While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that.
We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists.
Thats why we believe diversity is our greatest strength.
HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world.
That ideas inspire positive change.
That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives.
And that small details yield important realizations.
Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Coastal Engineer, well count on you to:
HDR is looking for a mid-level coastal engineer in our New Orleans, LA, Metairie, LA, Lafayette, LA, or Baton Rouge, LA offices to join our team of nationally ranked professionals.
- Qualified PE with the ability to perform analysis and design of coastal restoration projects including marsh restoration and beach nourishment, shoreline protection projects.
- Experience with revetments and breakwaters; and navigation projects including dredging, marinas, and harbors.
- Responsibilities will also include preparation of construction plans and specifications,
- Preparation of proposals including project scope and fee estimates, and project management.
- Suitable candidates must possess strong analytical and communication skills and demonstrate familiarity with wave growth and transformation, coastal and estuarine hydrodynamics, littoral processes, sediment transport, marine dredging, and basic geotechnical or structural systems.
- Work independently in addition to planning, organizing, and assisting groups of medium to large teams of professionals and technicians dependent on project/task
- Conduct water resources planning, plan formulation and concept development, and develop planning documentation
- Assist in water resources permitting efforts
- Perform other duties as needed
- BS degree in Coastal, Ocean, or Civil (Hydraulic, Geotechnical, or Structural emphasis)
- 5+ years of experience in water resources engineering projects
- Experience preparing construction plans and specifications.
- Experience preparing technical reports.
- Ability to work both independently and in group environments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- MS degree preferred
At HDR, we know work isnt only about who you work for; its also about what you do and how you do it.
Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each others contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same.
We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.