ASR Group is the world’s largest refiner and marketer of cane sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million tons of sugar.
The company produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products.
Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico.
In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal.
ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize.
The company’s brand portfolio includes the leading brands Domino®, C&H®, Redpath®, Tate & Lyle®, Lyle’s® and Sidul®.
The Corporate Packaging Engineer II provides project design and technical expertise to improve packing capability.
They are expected to gather requirements, develop preliminary layout and design, as well as prepare cost estimation, project evaluation and business justification for their assigned projects.
The Corporate Packaging Engineer II is also expected to work with Operations to provide feedback, select equipment, evaluate designs and develop budgets on proposed projects.
Most projects involve a high level of coordination with Operations and hands-on engineering where time will be spent in the field during development and execution.
This position will focus on the design of packaging lines from concept through the completion of installation and commissioning.
This role is an individual contributor with demonstrated ability to lead, supervise and make decisions.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop SOWs for project work / equipment installation
- Work with Procurement to recommend qualified contractors
- Conduct pre-bid walkthroughs with contractors
- Work with Procurement to review and condition contractor proposals and award contracts
- Develop and coordinate project schedules
- Manage installation of approved projects under Project Manager’s supervision
- Ensure contractors work in accordance with all safety requirements
- Monitor contractors to ensure quality workmanship
- Ensure project installation adheres to design
- Manage project cost and schedule
- Provide spend projections using Anaplan
- Authorize payment to contractors
- Establish project team, facilitate meetings and document team activities
- Work closely with Procurement and Operations team
- Comply with Corporate Standards
- Develop designs for field-detailed items and implement design changes as required
- Communicate and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Plan and lead commissioning efforts including supporting resources
- Ensure Stores has appropriate spare parts on-hand prior to commissioning and hand-over
- Plan and lead training efforts including supporting resources
- Support post-project completion audit blending in experiences with other projects
- Support development of long-term CapEx project pipeline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Packaging Engineer or in an engineering related position with hands-on experience in completion of packaging projects and working with packaging line design and install
- Food Production, Food & Beverage or CPG experience preferred
- Industrial food processing with high-speed packaging experience preferred
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Packaging Science, Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical preferred)
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- Experience with GMP Practices preferred
- Experience with Sanitary Design preferred
- Experience with OSHA Regulations preferred
- Exposure to and ability to participate in HAACP audits
- Skilled in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Must be able to read and understand CAD drawings, ability to edit CAD drawings preferred
- Intermediate capabilities with MS Project
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to prepare and read PFDs and P&IDs
- Experience with the following areas:Piping Systems; Pumping Systems; Screw and Belt Conveyors; Dense & Dilute Phase Bulk Conveying Systems; Dust Collection Systems; PLCs and Industrial Automation; Valves and Instrumentation; Electrical Systems;Packaging Equipment
- Analytical Thinking & Decision Making – Identifies and understands trends and/or issues; connects data points through analysis to arrive at a logical conclusion.
- Business & Financial Acumen – Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the financial, accounting, marketing and operational functions of our organization; interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better corporate decisions.
- Effective Communication – Expresses ideas and information in a clear and concise manner by tailoring ones message to fit the interests and needs of the audience.
- Customer Orientation – Keeps internal and/or external customer(s) in mind at all times.
Strives to proactively address customer concerns and needs.
Assists business partners and customers to achieve their work goals via application of their own skills and knowledge; strives to provide consistent customer satisfaction.
- Establishes Trust – Gaining the confidence and faith of others by actions and words that promote being honest, forthcoming, integrious and vulnerable.
- Problem-Solving – Anticipates, evaluates, diagnoses, and resolves problems in a systematic and fact-based manner.
- Results Orientation & Accountability – Takes accountability, identifies, executes and drives actions to consistently achieve desired results.
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Creates a climate that fosters commitment to a common vision and shared values that promote cooperation and working together through trust and support of others.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Maintaining effectiveness in varying environments and with different tasks, responsibilities and people.
- Continuous Improvement – Establishes methods and utilizes specialized techniques to monitor and improve performance of systems and processes.
- Self-Development – Seeks feedback on one’s strengths and weaknesses and initiates activities to increase or enhance their knowledge, skills, and proficiency in order to perform more effectively or enhance their career.
Less than 25% travel (primarily domestic with some international)
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.