Lucid is a research technology (ResTech) platform that provides programmatic access to first-party data.
With respondents in more than 100 countries, Lucid enables anyone, in any industry, to survey online audiences and get the answers they need.
These answers reveal the sentiments, motivations, and behaviors of target demographics – data that can be used to build business strategies, measure the impact of digital advertising, publish research, and more.
Founded in 2010, Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans, LA with offices throughout the US, Europe, and Asia.
Lucid seeks a Corporate Paralegal to help support Lucid’s Legal team.
The Legal team works cross-functionally and across multiple geographies, providing advice, support and assistance to Lucid’s various corporate, commercial and transactional initiatives.
Lucid’s Legal Team currently operates out of Dallas, Minneapolis and New York.
The successful candidate will ideally be based out of one of these locations or Lucid’s headquarters in New Orleans, although employment from another location is a consideration.
The Corporate Paralegal will report into Lucid’s Senior Commercial and Corporate Counsel and will be responsible for the administration and management of audits, corporate governance and other information requests.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of Lucid’s corporate legal team, and will work with many other attorneys across the legal department, as well as many cross-functional teams.
You will also work directly with outside legal counsel and other advisors.
This role is open to candidates living and working remotely in the United States, although ideally from one of our US-based offices in New Orleans, Minneapolis, Dallas or the New York metropolitan area.
- Provide corporate governance support to Lucid’s General Counsel and other members of the Legal team
- Prepare and manage information requests from auditors, investors, shareholders partnering with other Lucid teams
- On-going maintenance of international entity records and filings, and preparation of related documents
- Equity administration for employee equity plan partnering with the People and other teams and for non-employee investors/unitholders
- Manage the company’s retention and deletion of company records and policies relating thereto.
- Independently prioritize and respond to a wide range of questions from business partners relating to the foregoing
- Draft correspondence, letters and memoranda relating to the foregoing
- Responsible for reviewing, tracking, and monitoring legislation that impacts the company’s products and/or processes
- 4 year / Bachelors Degree (Required)
- 2-3 years of corporate experience
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal), transparent and open to feedback
- Highly organized, customer focused, innovative and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive independently in a fast paced, energetic environment and prioritize at times of high-volume with good judgment and problem solving capabilities
- Paralegal certification and/or Certified Equity Professional certification highly preferred
- Experience with preparing, administering, managing and maintaining the following:
- foreign subsidiary records and filings working with outside counsel
- requests from auditors, investors, shareholders, etc., relating to audit or information requests
- records and/or filings relating to corporate governance
- shareholder stock/equity
- delete/retention of corporate records
- Eligibility for competitive Medical, Dental and Vision offerings
- 401k match investment opportunities
- Competitive PTO policy & unlimited sick time
- Paid Holidays
- Healthy work-life balance with flexible work hours
- Competitive Parental Leave policy
- Employee donations and philanthropic matching programs
- In-house career development opportunities
Lucids Hiring Commitment
We understand that many candidates may not be perfectly qualified for a job posting.
Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable – and passion goes a long way.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is near the desired qualifications.
We also know that diversity of background and thought can enhance problem-solving and encourage more creative thinking, which is why were dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace.
We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent.
Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.