>>>Associated Terminals has just implemented a higher pay scale<
The mission of Associated Terminals is to be the safest and most efficient cargo handling company in the world – with the BEST equipped and most knowledgeable team members providing the highest level of services for cargo shippers, vessel owners and other service providers in the maritime industry. This mission is reflected in our motto: The Ability and Attitude to Accomplish Anything.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Moor and unmoor seagoing vessels
- Fuel Equipment and Mooring vehicles as necessary
- Operate wenches and capstans
- Assist in using tag rope to moor and unmoor seagoing vessels
- Upkeep, inspection, and evaluation of mooring vehicles
- Assist in daily mooring operations
- Report any issues with mooring vehicles to leadman and maintenance where necessary
- Clear trip and fall hazards from all work areas
- Report ALL incidents through company’s reporting protocol
- Support company safety initiatives
- Demonstration of knowledge of all required competencies
- Perform other duties as required
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to read/write/communicate in English
- Able to use basic math skills
- Must be able to follow directions
- Demonstrate radio professionalism in communications
- Some mooring or stevedoring knowledge is preferred
- Safely Operate Mooring Equipment
- Proficiency in deck operations
- Thorough knowledge of reporting procedure
- Must be able to work rotational shift work
- Able to perform minor/routine maintenance on equipment as necessary
- Be physically fit to perform all essential physical demands of this job safely.
- Advocate of team concept
- Commitment to customer service
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Must comply with all operational directives and company policies
- Incumbent will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot-cool/cold as well as occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. Noise levels may require hearing protection. May be subjected to conditions which require the use of dusts mask or respirators. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment, and tools. Rotational shift work required. Twelve or more hours per day spent in work environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: *
- The physical nature of the work will vary from day to day based on operational needs; however, the job will require the incumbent to be able to perform: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motion. Incumbent will also be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to: Hard Hat, eyewear, safety vests, gloves, masks/ respirators (when necessary) and steel-toe boots.
- Very Heavy Work: Exerting in excess of 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and/ or in excess of 50 lbs. frequently, and/ or in excess of 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- TWIC (must be able to attain)
- Must pass pre-employment drug tests as well as random drug screening
- Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driver’s record.
- 1 year(s): Experience in a maritime or industrial environment
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver’s License
- TWIC Card
Job Type: Full-time