LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world.
Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances.
LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the worlds largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies.
In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazines list of the “Worlds Most Admired Companies” for the fourth consecutive year.
This position has the responsibility for supporting and improving the Basic Regulatory Control, as well as identifying and implementing new advanced control applications to improve plant throughput, profitability, stability, reliability, and safety.
This position is expected to monitor and ensure Advance Process Control (APC) applications are functioning as desired.
This position generates a broad range of challenges that require routine interaction with other work groups to ensure maximum value is derived from the control systems.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Defines and support DCS regulatory control strategies and improvements
• Provides technical consultation, formal and informal training, and development of documentation, standards, and procedures in relation to their role
• Develops APC opportunities and assess benefits to be prioritized into a long range plan
• Conceives, justifies, designs, and commissions new APC & Optimization applications and inferential qualities
• Performs audits of controller benefits
• Provides technical consulting and direction to the Process Control Specialists and less experienced Process Control Engineers
Education and Work Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline
• Minimum of 8 years of experience with industrial process control systems
• This position requires a commitment to learn and understand the development and application of a wide variety of advanced regulatory control strategies, APC applications including multi-variable and model predictive control, development of inferential qualities, and plant-wide Real-Time Optimization (RTO) applications
• Demonstrated experience with Advanced Process Control in petrochemical facilities is preferred
• Excellent influencing and communication skills
• Ability to work across multi-disciplinary teams and interact with all levels of the organization
• Understanding of AspenTech DMC3 (including AspenIQ and other supporting AspenTech products)
• Understanding of Emerson DeltaV DCS and SIS
• Good Computing Skills
• Commitment to HSSE
• Self-motivation and high initiative
Languages English, additional language preferred
- Builds effective teams
- Cultivates innovation
- Customer focus
- Demonstrates courage
- Drives results
- Ensures accountability
- Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
The US EEO is the Law poster is available here .