Company: Hunt, Guillot & Associates, LLC
Date Posted: 12/2/2021
Position Type: Lead Instrumentation Engineer (HGA-R) Ruston
Position Summary & Duties: The Lead E&I Engineer is a direct-hire position working for HGA at our office in Ruston, LA.
The Lead Instrumentation Engineer is responsible for the overall management of projects utilizing global Department resources and/or identified outside resources.
The Lead Instrumentation Engineer is responsible for technical accuracy of deliverables and working with other project leads to ensure consistency within the Department.
Emphasis will be placed on project activities such as status of deliverables, planning manpower, updating schedules, maintaining budgets, managing scope of work and interface with Discipline Leads.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Engineering required for detailed design of Capital Cost Estimates, Network Diagrams, P&ID development, Instrument List, I/O List, Cause & Effect Diagrams, Conduit & Cable Schedules, Instrument Location Plans & Details, Control Panel Layout & Wiring, Loop Sheets, Junction Box Layout & Wiring, etc.
• Perform calculations necessary for specifying instrumentation and controls devices, as well as Conduit Sizing, Cable Tray Sizing, etc.
• Prepare specifications for instrumentation and controls such as flowmeters, gauges, transmitters, analyzers, valves, switches, sensors, emergency systems, etc.
• Assign work to available resources or coordinate assignments through other Department Team Leads and Department Manager.
• Attend staff meetings with Team Lead to discuss manpower planning, resource availability, as well as status of current assignments/projects.
• Attend weekly project meetings with Client, as well as Design Review meetings which may require travel to Client offices and/or project location
• Work with necessary managers/peers to discuss project commitments and resolve manpower conflicts for projects assigned.
• Responsible for ensuring Jobstat and Manpower updates are completed for projects assigned in a timely fashion
• Responsible for ensuring schedules are met for projects assigned
• May have to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Work with Team Lead to manage project costs.
• Responsible for technical accuracy and quality of deliverables for projects assigned.
Ensure Company’s Checking Policy is adhered to.
Employees at HGA are accomplished, well-rounded and come from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We foster an atmosphere of support through mentorship, collaboration, and on-going training programs.
If you’re interested in being successful, experiencing professional growth, and achieving excellence, you’ve come to the right place!
Hunt, Guillot & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
EEO is the Law
Apply using the “Apply Now” button as phone calls may not always be promptly returned due to the volume of applicants.
By submitting your application or providing your resume, you give HGA permission to email, call or text you using the contact details you provided.
Qualifications: EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• BS Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering from ABET accredited program
• Minimum of 5-7 years of Instrumentation and Controls experience
• Experience as consulting engineer in the pulp/paper, wood products, specialty chemical, oil/gas, hydrocarbon, or refinery industries
• Demonstrated ability to manage time and resources efficiently
• Knowledge of Engineering design principles and practices as spelled out in codes and standards
• A high degree of leadership skills and communication skills
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
• Registration as a Professional Engineer, strongly preferred
• NCEES Record (“Model Law Engineer”), strongly preferred