ASR Group is the world’s largest refiner and marketer of cane sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million tons of sugar.
The company produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products.
Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico.
In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal and Italy.
ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize.
The company’s brand portfolio includes the leading brands Domino®, C&H®, Redpath®, Tate & Lyle®, Lyle’s® and Sidul®.
The primary responsibility of the Packaging Engineer II is to improve the efficiency, safety, and quality of the Packaging equipment in the Production Department.
The engineer manages projects in the packaging department.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Improves the manufacturability of products and packaging equipment.
Works with operations on continuous improvement of packaging lines and equipment.
This is a hands-on engineering role.
- Troubleshoots and improves new and existing equipment.
Partners with operations to gather data to identify root causes and solutions to production problems.
- Originates concepts for new and existing packaging equipment, including support equipment such as conveying, robotics, instrumentation, weight control, and quality systems.
Manages and engineers approved projects through to completion.
Projects will cover a diverse range both in scope and area.
- Able to effectively communicate ideas and concepts to peers, subordinates and leadership within the organization and across organizational lines
- 2+ years in a manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Strong mechanical experience preferred.
- Allen Bradley PLC and Wonderware programming experience a plus.
- BS/BA in mechanical, civil, or electrical engineering or similar discipline such as industrial engineering.
- 2 years of experience in packaging engineering, packaging development, quality engineering, or manufacturing.
- Fundamental understanding of electrical design practices, control systems integration, electro-mechanical drive systems, and safety.
- A demonstrated ability to select and apply sound engineering practices and principles to the design and development of high volume consumer products packaging.
- Strong background and proven results in Leading Continuous Improvement efforts through the application of Lean Manufacturing and 6 Sigma Activities.
- Prior experience in Packaging Controls.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.