MEDNAX has an immediate opportunity for a per diem BC/BE pediatric hospitalist to join our integrated practice at Lourdes Women’s and Children’s Hospital in Lafayette, Louisiana.
- The pediatric unit has approximately 500 admissions annually
- Average daily census of 10 patients in our 20-bed pediatric unit
- Back-up support is provided by our affiliated group of neonatologists, NNPs and pediatric intensivists
- Full complement of pediatric sub-specialists
- Responsibilities include caring for well newborns, primary management of patients in the pediatric unit and consultation with families and referring physicians
- 24 hour rounding and call from home/hotel
- LA license strongly preferred
- Board Certification in Pediatrics required
Effective November 1st, 2021 Mednax will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.