Position at Pilgrim’s
Production Poultry Processor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes product using tools (to include knives), manual labor, and equipment provided in accordance with USDA and Pilgrim’s Company product standards and procedures.
- Process product according to operating procedures and quality/quantity expectations.
- Observes equipment operation, notifying appropriate personnel of any malfunctions and/or safety issues/concerns.
- Clean and organized work area.
- Assist others with the skills and knowledge gained from the position.
- Observes all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies. Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, co-workers, and leadership teams.
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies.
- Follow all company animal welfare guidelines.
- Other duties as directed.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
BASIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to apply common sense.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work in cool temperatures (around 40 degrees)
- Ability to stand and use hands for 8-11 hours per day
- Ability to multitask and work quickly
- Must be a team player and be willing to work close to other employees at some stations. (Less than 3 feet apart.)
- Must have good communication skills.
- Good hand and eye coordination required.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Food or production experience preferred.