Energized by an over 200-year history as part of PQ Corporation – our company is now simpler, stronger, leaner, nimbler – and solidly positioned for growth. Ecovyst is a pure-play catalyst and services company. As catalysts for positive change, our technologies play a critical role in supporting ecological health, and propelling expansion and growth for our customers.
Our long history of innovation expertise and close customer collaboration supports the development of proprietary catalysts and services across our two industry-leading businesses, Ecoservices and Catalyst Technologies
- Ecoservices provides specialty grade high purity virgin sulfuric acid for a number of diverse and growing end uses. Among them are mining, particularly copper for electronics applications, production of lead acid batteries for all types of vehicles, water treatment, and agricultural products.
- Catalyst Technologies business is a leader in engineering proprietary and customized technologies for cleaner fuels, emissions control and waste reduction
At Ecovyst, we are prioritizing and accelerating our growing and greening initiatives, and are putting sustainability for a safer, cleaner, healthier world at the forefront of our forward strategy. At Ecovyst, we are ready for change.
Our Ecoservices divisions is on the hunt for a Project Engineer to be based at our Baton Rouge, LA plant
- We are not offering visa sponsorship or relocation for this role at this time.
- We are not using agencies for this role at this time.
The Eco-Services Baton Rouge site requires a Project Engineer to provide project management support for capital projects used to improve the operation of its Sulfuric Acid Regeneration Units. This position will report to the Lead Project Engineer and is expected to provide a strong alliance between the Engineering Group and the various manufacturing units. The Project Engineer will primarily support the major capital project needs of the Baton Rouge Plant, but can be used as a supporting role at other Eco-Services plants. Duties will include receiving direction from the Lead Engineer and working closely with Plant on the capital needs of each unit. His/her primary responsibility will be to provide full project engineering support to the Plant. He/she will be responsible for gathering and analyzing data, justifying and submitting projects, cost estimating, overseeing the installation of projects, and adhering to schedules and budgets for multiple projects in the range of $35,000 to $1,000,000.
- Review existing chemical processes and specify equipment and control strategies.
- Analyze operational issues and collaborate with technical group to develop solutions.
- Manage, schedule, and coordinate all assigned capital projects.
- Develop, justify, and submit project scopes and cost estimates.
- Develop and submit capital project appropriation requests.
- Manage project budgets via tracking and forecasting project costs.
- Utilize and/or develop engineering spreadsheets, cost programs, and scheduling programs.
- Plan, prioritize, and redirect resources throughout each project phase to maintain project schedule.
- Procure all materials needed for installation of project.
- Manage projects in the field during construction.
- Maintain document control of all project files throughout project duration.
- Ensure project compliance with applicable codes, laws, policies, and technical specifications.
- Create financial closure and acceptance documents.
- Must have Bachelor of Science in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Must have 0-5 years of experience.
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Must have been exposed to, or willing to learn, basic project management processes / techniques.
- Must have experience in using and developing engineering spreadsheets/calculations.
- Must be organized, systematic, independent, and self-motivated.
- Must have proficient multi-tasking skills.
- Prefer knowledge of local and state laws and applicable OSHA standards.
- Prefer knowledge of AutoCAD and/or applicable chemical process simulation software.
- Prefer previous experience (including internships) in project engineering and/or field management.