Plans, directs, organizes, and executes activities of designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives of the projects are accomplished within a prescribed timeframe and funding parameters performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Provides project leadership under the direct supervision of a Project Manager.
· Responsible for designated project results.
· Assists Project Manager or Director in the development of the Project Procedure Manuel.
· Reports on status of project in the assigned work to Project Manager.
· Coordinates with Project Controls for the project schedule and budget for appropriate element of project.
· Determines staffing requirements for the project and directs design team personnel.
· Documents issues related to contract.
· Establishes a cost-effective environment.
· Assists in requirement review.
· Assure that adequate Project Controls for share of the project are functioning.
· Establishes and defines assigned project organization.
· Assists in the development of a Project Execution Plan.
· Ensures that the Project Execution Plan is followed during the life of the project.
· Responsible for effective scope definition and change management.
· Interface with the client.
· Works toward providing customer satisfaction with project results.
· Complies with all CDI operating guidelines and standards, including ISO – 9001 standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This is an entry level position with limited responsibilities.
· Some knowledge of, but primarily of own discipline, project engineering, material management, construction, cost control, scheduling and estimating.
· Beginning knowledge of contractual issues and commercial strategies.
· Ability to assist in proposal development and presentations.
· Leadership capability and above average communication skills.
· Demonstration of the ability to solve problems and make decisions at a task force level.
· Planning and organizational talent.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical field from four-year college or university is desired A minimum of five (5) years experience in the engineering industry. A Professional Engineering license is preferred, not required. 10+ years experience in lieu of degree.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, mechanical flowsheets, piping specifications and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information to groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS As a minimum, must be able to demonstrate those skills commensurate with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering.
COMPUTER SKILLS Must demonstrate a familiarity with spreadsheets, word processing and presentation software.
Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to feel or handle objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear (i.e. audible alarms). The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color (i.e. color coded alarms), peripheral, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, in high, precarious places, and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, risk of radiation and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
All CDI employees must demonstrate their support for the Quality as a Business Strategy and the following Quality Goals are a part of every job.
· Produce clear and organized output, with conformance to standards.
· Recognize that we all have internal and external customers who are dependent on the quality and timeliness of our output to meet their commitments. Coordinate assigned work to support all customers.
· While contributing to common goals, be open to new ideas and be able to subordinate individual preferences for the good of the customer, project, team, and company.
· Promptly act on established goals, understand constructive advice, and adjust to changing directions.
· Independently undertake actions, make recommendations, or provide notification when potential problems and opportunities are discovered or additional assignments are required.
· Employees should utilize problem-solving techniques to improve CDI internal processes on an employee to employee basis where possible.
Note: This job description is not a contract. The company reserves the right to alter the information provided based on changing job requirements.