Olin Chlor Alkali Products & Vinyls, a division of Olin Corporation, has an opening for a Project Improvement Engineer.
This role will be physically located at Plaquemine, LA manufacturing site, but should expect select project assignments in the St.
The Project Improvement Engineer works with Operations and Maintenance personnel to identify and lead both process improvement and maintenance/reliability project opportunities. Typical project range is $5M
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer and distributor of chemical products and a leading U.S.
manufacturer of ammunition.
The chemical products produced include chlorine and caustic soda, vinyls, epoxies, chlorinated organics, bleach and hydrochloric acid.
Winchesters principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small-caliber military ammunition and components, and industrial cartridges.
- Partner with plant operation and maintenance personnel to identify, gather, and analyze information and data relating to improved plant operation and equipment
- Facilitate idea sessions to identify projects, value, and feasibility; ensuring a healthy pipeline of improvement project ideas
- Prepare detailed scopes of work for proposed projects in conjunction with other site resources such as production engineering, maintenance and reliability, safety, and environmental representatives
- Prepare detailed specifications for materials and equipment and prepares installation scopes of work to enable Purchasing to obtain competitive bids.
Review bid analysis and make recommendations to Purchasing
- Develop project cost estimates at FEL1, FEL2, and FEL3 levels; prepare project proposals and Capital Appropriation Requests (CARs)
- Support field construction efforts through interpretation of plans, specifications, schedules, and work with assigned construction personnel to ensure a safe, timely, cost effective and quality project execution
- Set up cost control and reporting for assigned projects.
Monitor and control various states of engineering and construction costs to ensure that each project is completed within the budgeted appropriation.
- Maintain and update plant process P&IDs
- Bachelors Degree* in Engineering; Chemical or Mechanical discipline preferred
- 5+ years of project / manufacturing experience; chemical manufacturing environment preferred
- Work experience with managing vendor proposals and quotations, contractor bids and development of desired solutions for projects
- Knowledge of OSHA 1910.119 PSM standard preferred
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and work in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills – verbal and written
- Demonstrated use of inventory software, order processing systems, project management software, spreadsheet and Microsoft Office systems; SAP experience preferred
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Prior Olin experience in a related role preferred
*Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S.
Department of Education or equivalent program from an international university.
Olin does not provide any form of sponsorship to applicants not authorized to work in the US.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.