OVERVIEW: The RN Administrator is responsible for ensuring all day-to-day activities of the Surgery Center are completed to the highest standards possible, in accordance with appropriate policies and procedures, striving to meet board-established goals and objectives. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring the highest quality of care is provided to patients; recruiting, training, managing, and developing the right people (employed staff); maintaining excellent relationships with and striving to meet the needs of physicians; and driving the business to maximize profits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Supports the philosophy, goals, and objectives of the Organization, and adheres to all established policies and procedures.
· Adheres to safety policies and procedures in performing job duties and responsibilities.
o Reports observed or suspected violations, hazards, and noncompliance according to Facility policy.
o Enforces compliance with safety policies and procedures.
o Responds to emergency situations with competence and composure.
o Implements procedures for safety, infection control, and Occupational Safety and Health.
· Applies the principles of health care and personnel management to enhance organizational functions.
o Recommends short-, medium-, and long-range goals for the Organization to the governing body and recommends strategies for attaining approved goals.
o Establishes an organizational chart to show the lines of authority and communication.
o Maintains documented personnel policies according to applicable state and federal laws.
o Implements approved personnel policies; hires and terminates employees.
o Complete and submit performance appraisals, recommend disciplinary action and promotion of employees, maintains personnel files according to confidentiality, federal, and state requirements.
o Verifies that OSHA requirements are met, and documentation is current.
o Develops, interprets, and implements policies, procedures, rules, regulations, recommended practices and programs to meet requirements of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
· Contributes to the process and development of the approved Quality Management Program.
o Interacts with Medical Director and supervisors to enhance communication and problem solving; coordinates activities to promote medical staff involvement in the Quality Management Program.
o Objectively evaluates suggestions, grievances, and processes to identify opportunities to improve performance and quality of care.
o Confirms that committee meetings are scheduled and that committee members are notified.
o Monitors all patient care programs, reviews procedure and outcome standards and criteria.
o Monitors the Facility’s physical environment and initiates methods for maintaining safety, comfort, order, and cleanliness.
o Attends meetings or seminars to obtain information about current and proposed state and federal laws, state and federal rules and regulations, and professional standards.
o Establishes procedures for accurate and timely submission of required reports.
o Establishes procedures for review and revision of Facility policies and procedures by continually monitoring state and federal laws and regulations as well as professional standards.
· Drives financial performance of Facility to meet Board established EBITDA targets.
o Promotes effective communication within the Facility, physicians’ offices, and business office to promote growth and partnership.
o Reviews all reported financial trends including case volumes, collections, labor, and supply costs for potential opportunities to improve financial performance and executes on all identified opportunities.
o Assists Management Company with negotiations of contracts and maintains liaison with third-party payers.
o Monitors cost containment procedures to ensure that costs are contained in accordance with established procedures without compromising patient care.
o Monitors the business office to determine that activities are performed efficiently, including review of Revenue Cycle KPIs. Works with Business Office Manager to resolve any KPI variances from established targets.
o Reviews and approves all accounts payable invoices prior to the release of funds.
o Reviews preliminary operating budget prepared by the Management Company, and makes appropriate recommendations based on known business trends.
o Makes recommendations for capital replacements and works with Management Company to maintain appropriate capital budgets.
o Actively seeks opportunities to bring in additional volume from local market.
· Organizes and maintains payroll and employee benefit records to maintain compliance with correct and legal practices with Business office manager.
o Reviews timecards for accuracy and compliance with Facility policies.
o Maintains records regarding paid time off.
o Verifies that payroll checks are distributed as scheduled and according to policy.
o Maintain current knowledge regarding employee benefit plan and assist employees in accessing information regarding benefit plan.
· Maintains and promotes professional competence through continuing education and other learning experiences.
· Performs other duties and other assigned leadership positions as approved by the Governing body.
· Manages, motivates, and develops staff (including hiring, firing, performance management, professional development, training, and recognition duties).
· Assesses staffing needs, and recruits, interviews and hires staff using methods such as web-based posting or attendance at job fairs.
· Oversees activities of the operating room, pre- and post-operative areas, material management and the Business Office.
· Plans and organizes workload and staff assignments and makes daily schedules for proper manpower utilization.
· Directs staff and reviews work for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with policies and procedures.
COMPETENCIES – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and TRAINING:
· Master’s degree (MHA or MBA) preferred; or undergraduate college degree with four to ten years related experience and/or training, required.
· At least two years of business management experience, preferred.
· At least five years supervisory experience, preferred.
· Good command of the English language, both verbal and in writing.
· Ability to work well with physicians, employees, patients, and others.
· Occasional dexterity skills needed for patient treatment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
· RN Licensing, required.
· BLS & ACLS.
· PALS, required if ASC does pediatric cases.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office suite, particularly with Excel and PowerPoint, required.
- Experience with HST, or similar Practice Management software, required.
- Experience with Envi, or similar Inventory Management software, preferred.
- Experience with Bill.com, or similar Accounts Payable software, preferred.
- Experience with Intacct, or similar General Ledger/Financial Statement software, preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, see or hear, taste or smell, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
· There are no special vision requirements.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· This position works in an environment with moderate noise level. (Examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic.)
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to bloodborne pathogens.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of radiation.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to chemical hazards.
Note: Nothing in this job specification restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Critical features of this job are described under various headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The above statements are strictly intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.