Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Client Innovation Center in Baton Rouge Louisiana has immediate opportunities SAP BASIS & HANA Administrators with a passion for learning, leading, and delighting customers.
Our clients are some of the world’s leading companies and you will be part of challenging projects to build and support technical solutions for their needs.
As a SAP BASIS/HANA Administrator you will be expected to support a variety of SAP functional environments working directly with the client and other IBM staff to maintain and support the client’s landscapes.
Position requirements; SAP BASIS/Netweaver and Portal Admin need to have experience installing and supporting SAP systems and SAP HANA.
Technical skills would range from standard daily support of SAP environments (R/3, Enterprise Central Component, Business Information Warehouse (BW), Enterprise Portal (EP), Exchange Infrastructure/Process Integration (XI/PI), etc.), to troubleshooting system performance problems or potential system installations.
Experience in a OS and Oracle database environments is helpful.
Must have proven experience on the latest versions of SAP ECC, SAP HANA, Enterprise Portals, APO/Livecache, XI/PI, CPS, GRC, Solution Manager and SLD.
Must be fluent in SAP Java related instances from dual stacks, portal systems, and SAP systems running on AIX/Oracle Windows/MSSQL.
Key experiences needed;
- – Expertise managing SAP ECC, HANA, Portal, BW, APO/Livecache, XI/PI, CPS, GRC, Gateway/Fiori, Solution Manager and SLD systems
- – SAP JAVA system installation & administration
- – Hana SPS08 and higher real work experience
- – HANA SPS updates, administration and Backup configuration
- – Troubleshoot Hana memory bottlenecks and performance tuning
- – Experienced using SAP HANA Studio
- – Configuration of SAP HANA High Availability and Disaster Recovery set up
- – Performed Support Package Update through SDM, JSPM, SUM
- – SLD Administration
- – SAP Web Dispatcher knowledge
- – SAP Netweaver Gateway installation and configuration
- – Implementation of SAP Fiori applications
- – CTS+ and transport route configuration
- – Installation of SMD Agent and SAP Host Agent
- – SAP client copies and system refreshes
- – SAP Kernel upgrades
- – Experience in Web Dynpro for ABAP and JAVA
- – Day to Day monitoring support for a large scale production environment
- – SAP Router installation and configuration.
- – SAP Spool Administration, logon groups, setting up operation modes
Successful candidates for these positions will work on-site at the IBM Client Innovation Center in Baton Rouge, LA.
The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge center.
However, some travel is expected, and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US.
Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday).
You are expected to travel approximately 50% of the time post-Covid.
Although we are currently allowing remote work, this is a traditional office position.
You must live in or be willing to relocate to LA within 30 days of the office permanently reopening.
This is not a permanent work from home position.
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems.
You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms.
You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 6+ years experience in SAP BASIS Administration
- HANA Implementation experience
– Proven HANA support experience, including administration, backup, and fail-over
- Strong knowledge and support experience of SAP Portal and the Java stack
- Demonstrated HANA troubleshooting experience
- 6+ years experience in Consulting skills as team member or team lead
- 6+ years experience in SAP environments in R/3, Enterprise Central Component (ECC), Business Information Warehouse (BW), Business Intelligence (BI), Enterprise Portal (EP), etc.
- 6+ years experience in UNIX, Windows Operating Systems as a SAP server platform
- 6 years experience in Oracle or DB2 databases
- 6 years experience in troubleshooting system performance problems or potential system installations
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- 8+ years experience in SAP BASIS Administration
- 8+ years experience in Consulting skills as team member or team lead
- 8+ years experience in SAP environments in R/3, Enterprise Central Component (ECC), Business Information Warehouse (BW), Business Intelligence (BI), Enterprise Portal (EP), etc.
- 8+ years experience in UNIX, Windows Operating Systems as a SAP server platform
- 8+ years experience in Oracle or DB2 databases
- 8+ years experience in troubleshooting system performance problems or potential system installations
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the worlds economy.
IBM Services partners with the worlds leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more?
Prepared to solve some of the worlds most unique challenges?
And ready to shape the future for millions of people?
If so, then its time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story.
Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
Its time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer.
We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain.
Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave.
Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform.
IBMs learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM Vaccination Policy
This job requires you to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to your start date, where legally permissible.
Proof of vaccination status will be required.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical, pregnancy or religious reasons, we offer accommodations in accordance with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics.
IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.