Position: Field Technical Spt Rep V Tier 3
Location: Baton Rouge, LA- 70807 (Onsite Role)
Duration: : 24+ months (Possible Extension)
Please note: All candidates must be fully vaccinated, and mandates the use of facial coverings/masks to work onsite
This customer facing, non-exempt HP PC/Printer field break/fix position provides a wide range of hardware support and related services specifically to HP’s PC Products customers. Products include Laptop, Desktop, RPOS, and Workstation products. Printer knowledge is a huge plus. A fast paced, constantly changing environment that requires positive approaches and demonstrated success at handling multiple stressors. Candidates must be self-contained, resourceful and determined for success.
This is a team based group of self-starting, technical/mechanical delivery professional. This ever changing environment presents each team member with various daily events that educate customers about the technology, manage critical service events, and interact with multiple levels of both HP and customer management/teams. These teams are responsible for completely satisfied customers and helping to grow HP’s business in a profitable manner and within budget. It is imperative that the Field Service Rep. understands the financial aspects and business impact of what they deliver, how and why. Typical types of reactive, on customer site, service events include, but are not limited to: Configuring hardware, software and simple network components, install, unit repair, and working with escalation personal performing and assisting in technical action plans to remediate pc/print issues.
Demonstrated core competencies of success in this position are:
* Strong mechanical aptitude, working with tools and various alignment apparatus.
* Alignment with customer’s business needs while maintaining HP’s contractual commitments.
* Ability to logically and systemically technically/mechanically troubleshoot various hardware problems on printers. May also involve third party software, networks and switches.
* Able to balance and prioritize multiple activities and issues.
* Successful cause and effect understanding of financial perspectives on the business.
* Strong interpersonal verbal/written skills; especially in person, on a customer site. This is critical to relationship building and expectations.
* Attention to detail and commitment to administrative responsibilities.
* Exercise solid business based decision making skills, taking appropriate risk to insure that both HP’s and the customer’s business need are met.
* Independent thinking while adhering to standard technological/mechanical and business procedures.
* Industry / company knowledge that provides solid technology solutions and options to the customer.
* Ability to quickly and accurately evaluate a technical situation while managing the operational challenges.
* Working independently and able to re-prioritization of tasks/events/commitments quickly based on contract, customer and business situations. Highly skills at prioritization, planning, working independently all within standard policies and business standards.
* Able to bend, crawl, stoop, sit, lift and move 50 pounds of weight.
* Availability to work both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
* Participate in assigned work during non-traditional workdays, holidays and shift work.
* Onsite customer facing experience.
* Technical/mechanical hardware repair experience.
* Demonstrated technical/mechanical aptitude for learning new technology.
* High School diploma or equivalent, plus additional hardware technology training. College preferred.
*Dress: Business Professional: Black slacks and blue collared shirt.
*Cell phone reimbursement and laptop/tablet will be provided.