To help students learn subject matter and/or skills that are aligned to the Louisiana State
Curriculum that will contribute to their development as mature, able, responsible men and
women who become lifelong learners.
Bachelor’s degree. Louisiana certification
1. Meet those standards of performance for his/her individual teaching assignment
developed by the Lake Forest Charter School. Those standards include the Louisiana
Components of Effective Teaching.
2. Guide the learning process of students in the classroom toward the achievement of
curriculum goals set by the Louisiana State Department of Education, Lake Forest
Charter School and/or appropriate federal guidelines.
3. Assist the administration in implementing all Lake Forest Charter School
4. Strive to maintain and improve professional competence.
5. Consult with administrator(s), colleagues, students, and/or parents on a regular basis.
6. Plan and supervise purposeful tasks for paraprofessional(s) and volunteer(s) assigned.
7. Cooperate with CEO, Principal, Assistant Principal(s) and/or designee monthly in
assessing the performance of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s) assigned.
8. Serve on and participate in professional staff committee/meetings as required.
9. Participate in extra-curricular and instructional activities that support the vision and
mission of Lake Forest Charter School.
10. Sponsor or co-sponsor a student organization that supports the vision and mission of
Lake Forest Charter School.
11. Participate in ongoing professional development activities.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by the CEO, assistant principals and/or designee.
13. Integration of technology in daily instruction.