Do you want to work for an organization that Makes a Lasting Impact on Kids?
AMIkids has served over 135,000 kids and their families since 1969. Being part of the AMIkids team means that you are helping youth to realize their full potential and become a valuable part of their community.
bout AMIkids Acadiana
Our Guiding Principles: Kids First, Family and Safety.
Now, you can be a part of this outstanding organization and help guide the way. Take the step. Make a difference.
We are currently seeking a Case Manager
The role of the Case Manager is to oversee the service planning and transitional process for youth entering and exiting the program. Perform the duties of the role while providing a safe and successful learning environment for youth and encouraging social and emotional development through the achievement of academic and personal goals.
Essential Job Duties
- Active participant in the Multidisciplinary Treatment Team (MDT),
- Complete an intake needs assessment on youth as they enter the Program, and complete re-assessments within established contractual guidelines,
- Evaluate, develop and document an individual service/care plan for the youth based on the needs assessment, and complete updates within established contractual guidelines,
- Ensure youth receives academic, vocational, and behavioral assessments within the required timeframe of enrollment and that this data is used in development of the individual service/care plan,
- Ensure timely delivery of the appropriate Program services to meet the needs of the youth within the established guidelines of the Personal Growth Model and building youth’s ability to function productively in interpersonal relationships,
- Attend and represent the program at court hearings, meetings and youths’ legal proceedings,
- Deliver Evidence Base Treatment models adopted by the Program, adhere to fidelity requirements of evidence based treatment models per contract,
- Facilitate youth progress meetings, with members of the MDT monthly, or more frequently if needed,
- Schedule transitional meetings 60 days prior to release date and assist in the development of a Transition Plan 30 days prior to the youth’s termination from the Program,
- Ensure each youth has a post-needs assessment and has a completed transitional plan before release date,
- Complete administrative tasks related to the role:
- Disbursement of comprehensive, monthly reports to the parent/guardian, judge and DJJ Probation Officer, or other applicable individuals, within required timeframe from date of the MDT meeting,
- Ensure advisors are completing weekly behavioral up-dates and weekly goal progressions,
- Conduct monthly audits to ensure all pertinent information is recorded,
- Maintain case management and service notes,
- Conduct and maintain youth exit interview information,
- Schedule off-site appointments and transportation for youth,
- Conduct home visits with youth’s families in accordance with Program and state requirements, or as needed; helping impacted parties to understand the effect of group living and family separation and the transition back into the family or other residential care
- May facilitate or assist with facilitation of ART, CYT, Girls Circle, The Council for Boys and Young Men, and/or Life Skills group programs,
- Operate program vehicles as required in accordance with the transportation policy,
- Attend required training/professional development events and maintain appropriate certification(s) and license(s),
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Psychology, Social work or related field; Master’s preferred,
- Minimum one (1) year experience working with serious emotionally disturbed youth or youth with substance abuse problems.
What’s in it for you?
As well as gain an opportunity to make an exceptional difference in kids’ lives, AMIkids offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Growth opportunities – we pride ourselves on developing our leaders from within
- Health Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, & Prescription Drug plan options; Health Spending Account, Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Wellness Benefits – EAP, Health Coaching, Stress Management Programs, etc.
- Employer Funded Pension Plan, Voluntary 403(B) Retirement Plan, Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Pet Insurance, World Travel Assistance, Car Rental discounts, Gym Membership discounts, and more.
Social and Human Service Assistants