Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry.
Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S.
gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint.
The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition.
Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen.
The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value.
With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Situated at the end of famed Canal Street, The Westin New Orleans offers stunning views of the mighty Mississippi River and the French Quarter.
Guests are just steps from the Shops at Canal Place and Harrah’s Casino and a short walk to the excitement of Bourbon Street and the Ernest N.
Morial Convention Center.
The hotel features 462 rooms and suites, including a Presidential Suite, with Westins signature Heavenly® bedding, 34,000-sq-ft of event space, a fully equipped WestinWORKOUT fitness center, a lobby bar Observatory 11 with the best view of the French Quarter anywhere, and a new restaurant Bistro at the Bend.
The Director of Sales & Marketing is primarily responsible for leading & driving top line revenue strategy for traditional sales related segments to include group, volume transient & catering.
The individual is additionally responsible for staying ahead of market trends, market share movement and ongoing competitive hotel analysis, while directing the property sales teams (rooms & catering) to insure budgeted revenues are met or exceeded.
The Director of Sales & Marketing is also responsible for developing and implementing a marketing communications plan designed to achieve the desired positioning for the hotel, as well as managing the sales and marketing budget that supports revenue attainment.
- Responsible for leading & driving top line revenue for traditional sales segments to include group, volume transient & catering.
- Assesses & reacts to market trends, market share & the competitive hotel environment.
- Develops and implements a marketing communications plan designed to achieve the desired positioning of the hotel, as well as manage the sales & marketing budget that supports all initiatives.
- Act as the hotel’s voice of the customer and communicate key issues/concerns at all levels of the organization.
- Fluent in reading/assimilating/using Smith Travel Research data, financial P&L, mix of sales, forecasting, group pace/position & a wide array of traditional hotel reporting.
- Ability to understand and communicate market trends, demand generators, supply/demand and economic factors affecting hotel performance.
- Conduct comprehensive competitive set reviews, SWOT analysis & keep tabs on new supply.
- Understand GEO source & ability to develop a plan to penetrate the primary markets.
- Develop/implement key segment strategy & managing key accounts (both existing & target).
- Design effective sales deployment schemes & market assignments.
- Develop sales goals designed to achieve budget & market share targets.
- Manage group pace measurement and set sales production goals.
- Manage sales activity & travel schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Marketing
- At least 3 years’ experience as a sales leader, with prior hotel sales experience.
- Experience dealing with/communicating with ownership groups and asset management.
- Proficient in managing/using sales automation (DELPHI) & PMS systems.
- Experience working collaboratively with revenue management.
- Well rounded knowledge of all market segments and channel sources, as well as ability to develop a strategic plan for each.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to direct, lead, train, motivate & drive a direct sales team; and develop a cooperative & competitive team spirit & winning attitude.
- Must be proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines
For California Applicants Only
Highgate Hotels, L.P.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others.
It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.