What you will do
In this role, you will act as a mechanical equipment replacement champion for multi-mechanical project teams in a assigned area, providing area leadership to local project team leader who are performing site coordination support in response to both project and customer requirements.
Using established project management techniques, you will oversee the day-to-day activities of a field-based project portfolio, driving team productivity and balancing the project’s financial goals while ensuring customer satisfaction.
You will be developing and training employees and subcontractors, with responsibility for assigning projects and allocating employee resources, ensuring all work is performed to the highest standard and in compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements.
How you will do it
• Set and monitor goals for goals for overall team growth and profitability.
• Lead the efforts of the project team to ensure productivity, consistency and quality.
• Respond to warranty-related customer issues.
• Manage customer relationships and drive issue resolution.
• Manage team budget and overhead accounts.
• Maintain optimum team staffing levels through labor forecasting, planning, and management.
• Recruit, hire and retain team staff.
• Work with direct reports and Team Technical Leads to create effective development performance tracking plans.
• Communicate clear performance expectations; conduct performance reviews for direct reports.
• Approve time sheets for direct reports, and perform all other necessary management tasks related bookings, Accounts Payables and Account Receivable.
• Take responsibility for safety performance and program compliance.
• Assist Project Team Leaders in identifying and actively pursuing opportunities for additional work through change orders.
• Develop and maintain long-term relationships with contractors, clients, consultants and subcontractors.
What we look for
As an effective leader, you communicate you interact well, verbally and in writing, with individuals at various levels, both internal and external.
Whether working independently or as part of a team, you take ownership of issues.
You are comfortable simultaneously handling a large and diverse number of tasks with tact, cooperation, and persistence.
Your proven organizational and time management skills mean you are able to regroup as priorities and objectives change.
Customer satisfaction is your priority.
• University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 6 years minimum experience.
• Prior Management of Mechanical Construction and Replacement Teams Negotiating contracts terms
• Bachelor’s in a technical field.
8 years related site coordination and project management experience; 1-2 years supervisory experience.
• 6 years field experience with installing HVAC Equipment and systems, including knowledge of digital HVAC controls.
• Knowledge of project accounting, costing principals and contracting.
• Experience using service management software and financial accounting systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment.
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; ability to positively represent Johnson Controls and communicate with others at varying technical levels
Johnson Controls International plc.
is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.