Required – Associate degree.
Preferred – Bachelor of science in nursing.
Required – 7 years of related health care experience including 2 years in supervision or management.
Required – Current registered nurse (RN) license in state of practice.
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification through American Heart Association.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of nursing practice.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills and ability to be self-directed.
- Oversees operations of the free standing Emergency Department in LaPlace
- Ensures quality of care and patient satisfaction through unit-specific systems and improvements.
- Ensures operational profitability with preliminary budgets, performance data, system reporting, and inventory management.
- Provides care to patients, effectively using the nursing process.
- Communicates pertinent information to patients, families, and staff.
- Participates in activities for professional development and maintains required clinical knowledge, technical skills, training, and credentials.
- Manages, develops, retains and inspires an engaged workforce.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.