Embark (verb) to make, start or begin
We are a financial consulting firm founded by a non-accountant, entrepreneur challenging the status quo.
We believe people can actually love their jobs, work hard, AND enjoy having a life.
Our mission is to provide peace of mind to corporate finance & business leaders, and we take it very seriously.
As we strive to bring a new twist to the professional services work, our people and culture REALLY do determine our decisions and our future.
Were growing quickly, but not at the expense of our culture or people.
Who we’re looking for…
To excel in this role, you’ll need to be a self-starter who is ready to perform on day one.
You’ll need to be adaptable, and come in with ideas, suggestions, and the attitude that you’re willing to try just about anything.
Were looking for a leader who loves building relationships!
Its a small world and people with the ability to build relationships and connect the dots are the people we want leading our teams.
We’re building a driven team of people who desire to serve and help others.
In a small team like ours, everyone wears a lot of hats, and nothing is “not your job.” The environment is dynamic, so you’ll also need to be flexible and adaptable to change as we grow.
What you’ll be doing…
An integral part of our executive leadership team, you will provide leadership to our Consulting team to ensure all clients are taken care of and all their hands-on advising, financial reporting, analysis, etc.
needs are completed in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner.
Your particular role will be to work closely with clients and our team, and you’ll have the opportunity to experience multiple aspects of leadership, team building, financial advising, and business processes.
You will also be building strong relationships in the market with current and future clients and helping support and grow our business development efforts.
To be a good fit for our Market President role you will have:
- 12+ years of experience in public accounting and/or CFO or CAO experience
- Strong knowledge of U.S.
- SEC filing exposure or experience is preferred
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Excel and Word
- Experience within the Apple world (iPhone, iPad, Macbook, etc.)
- Keen attention to detail
- A proactive, self-directed approach and the ability to learn quickly
- Experience building relationships with key executives
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- A high sense of urgency and strong initiative
- Strong planning and project management skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
- The ability to work overtime and/or after hours as needed to meet the needs of the business
Preferred (but not required):
- Inter-company experience
- Oil and Gas experience
- REIT experience
- Technology revenue recognition experience
- Healthcare experience
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation ($180,000
– $380,000 a year is a typical range after you add in all the benefits and amazing other stuff we offer.)
- We pay 100% of premiums for you and your entire family on health, vision, and life insurance, and short and long-term disability
- We match 50% to 6% on our 401K
- Fully paid parental leave for all new parents
- Monthly stipend for family gym memberships
- All the technology you’ll need to be successful, the most advanced software, and accessories to ensure you get the job done in style
- Monthly team outings (think: ax throwing, a trip to the State Fair, go-kart races, etc.)
If this role sounds exciting, apply and lets start the conversation!
Wed also like you to create a Plum Profile, to ensure that Embark is a fit for you.
Take this chance to learn more about your talents, and apply that knowledge as you grow in your career!
We are excited to learn more about you, cheers!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Upon offer of employment, employees will be asked to submit to a background check and drug screen.
Dependent on ongoing client requirements, employees may also be asked to submit to a drug screening and background check throughout employment.