Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations.
Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available.
The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business.
More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
The primary objectives of this position are to provide overall direction for the Farmerville Facility (800+ employees and 3 plants – Fresh, Further Processing and Rendering), including production, distribution, warehousing, sanitation and maintenance functions.
The position will include frequent contact with Live Production, Quality Control, Technical Services, Human Resources, Accounting, Commodities, Legal, Union, USDA, industry associations, local government agencies, and selected customers.
• Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws.
• Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy to provide a harassment-free work environment
• Maintains reliable work force and positive union relations
• Maintains and builds management depth for existing business and growth
• Promotes an environment and culture of engagement where all employees feel respected, valued and informed
• Developing short-term and long-term goals for Production and monitor the results of cost and quality systems to ensure profit margins.
• Apply leadership to develop personnel and systems that will place the manufacturing operation in an industry leading position in terms of cost and quality.
• Provide direction to ensure that comprehensive employee safety programs are aligned with Company’s goals and values
Technical and Engineering:
• Assist in product development, quality assurance, engineering systems and equipment to provide future profitability and growth as required by the Manufacturing Division.
• Develop new products and process in conjunction with Marketing and USDA compliance with SSOP and HACCP programs.
• Ensure quality programs and technical support to protect existing businesses.
• Ensure engineering support for expansion and new methods.
• Participate with Operations Group in the total planning process, including capital requirements, budgeting and manpower development for future growth of our business.
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Business Administration or related fields.
• 10+ years of progressively responsible management in the food processing industry, preferably in the poultry business.
• Demonstrated financial understanding to include budgeting, staffing, and cost analysis.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and drive.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong oral and written communications skills and the ability to work in both individual and team work settings.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, financial software, etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.