What you will do
The Johnson Controls (JCI) Customer Business Manager (CBM) is the senior representative accountable for the overall performance of the on-site FM Team and Contract Deliverables.
This individual ensures Customer Satisfaction and financial performance across a broad spectrum of services through the selection of qualified team members and their development along with people-oriented management of resources.
In addition, the CBM manages the continuous improvement process while meeting the required metrics and successfully influencing required change, conformance and governance.
How you will do it
Understanding the contract terms and conditions and Customer expectations at a detailed level and taking ownership for outcomes
Project Management Skills; will be responsible for managing construction activities to include reviewing of drawings and specifications, participating in design meetings, providing best practices, commissioning, construction site evaluations and inspections.
Reviewing and proactively establishing required procedures and training personnel to consistently meet and exceed the performance expectations of the Customer in the most safe and cost-effective manner
Provide technical and management direction to maintenance management service contractor
Manages, directs and schedules day-to-day and long-range activities to ensure that all contract requirements and procedures of the site Supervision and Staff are being properly implemented
Manages supervisors including hiring, promotions, recognition, discipline, and performance management.
Plans, directs, and monitors performance objectives
Working closely with the Customer to ensure alignment with contract requirements and operational policies
Establishing process performance metrics; tracking, analyzing, and reporting performance in terms of quality, safety, costs and Customer Satisfaction.
Taking corrective actions to bring about required change
Selecting and training all project employees and administering JCI policies, procedures, and standards to ensure that JCI employees and vendors have the required technical, interpersonal skills and morale to meet and exceed the expectations of the Customer
Providing timely and effective communications with all employee levels within the project, the Customer’s organization, and JCI.
Building a strong win-win relationship
Serving as a role model, mentor, and valued resource for the Customer and JCI
Sharing process improvements and lessons learned with peers
What we look for
• Bachelor degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience in a Facility Management discipline with 8 years or more experience
• Experience with directing, planning, developing and implementing strategic and operational plans
• Experience in management of multi-disciplinary teams and working groups.
• Lead Customer meetings
• Oversee performance reviews for all on-site FM Team members and primary sub-contractors.
• Manage Contract Compliance requirements
• Perform periodic planned and random site ‘evaluation inspections’ to continuously monitor front line performance
• Monitor results from annual and monthly Customer Satisfaction surveys and implement corrective action as required
• Promote a Facility Management Team culture oriented to Customer Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement.
• Prefer BOMA and/or IFMA designation (RPA/CFM)
Johnson Controls International plc.
is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.