Why CDM Smith?
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide.
As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
We currently have a new opportunity for an experienced client focused Senior Project Manager to join our New Orleans team.
We are looking for someone that can manage and lead multi-discipline planning and design teams for large drainage, green infrastructure, roadway restoration, water and wastewater treatment facility, collection system, and distribution system projects in the New Orleans area.
CDM Smith has been providing engineering services to the New Orleans market for over 20 years.
Our services have spanned the areas of modeling, master planning studies, design, and construction administration of water, wastewater, storm water facilities, and infrastructure.
As a member of this team, you will contribute to CDM Smiths mission by:
-Managing multi-discipline projects within the water/wastewater/conveyance engineering and construction sector from early concept development through detailed design and construction
-Building and managing relationships with key leaders which include major municipal clients in the New Orleans metro region
-Serving as a leader of project teams and mentoring junior staff, including the coordination and reviewing of project assignments
-Effectively working with key technical specialists, project team members, and delivery managers
-Assisting with preparing design drawings and specifications
-Preparing, monitoring, and managing project budgets and schedules while managing the firms risk
-Providing high level planning and programming analysis work including preparation of technical documents/reports
-Being active in professional societies in which clients or potential clients are members
– Bachelors Degree
– 10 years of related experience
– Current Project Manager certification (either PMP, CCM, or DBIA) or ability to receive within 12 months of start date
– Domestic and/or international travel may be required.
The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
Skills and Abilities
– Experience working with project management methodology including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices
– Demonstrates excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Possesses in-depth knowledge of project goals, drivers, strategies, risks and opportunities
– Good interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients
– Ability to interact with many people and process a large volume of requests as necessary
– Excellent personal computer skills including strong knowledge in MS Word and Excel
– Demonstrates strong organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
– Bachelors degree in civil, environmental or chemical engineering
– Professional engineering (PE) license or ability to receive it within 12 months of start date
-Previous experience and demonstrated performance in the project design and delivery of medium and large drainage, roadway restoration, green infrastructure, multi-disciplined wastewater and/or water treatment projects
-Experience as a leader, mentor, and problem solver with a determination for excellence
-Experience on municipal water, wastewater, water resource, and/or conveyance projects in Louisiana
-Masters Degree in Engineering or Science preferred
Amount of Travel Required
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow.
We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment.
We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients.
CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement.
Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms.
All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith.
CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.