If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it.
Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
Develop, prioritize, and execute short-term and long-term sourcing initiatives that reduce supply chain complexity.
Identify and develop best in-region and international supply base for critical components while also reducing overall supply-chain complexity.
Use a variety of tools to drive supplier delivery and quality improvements while assuring compliance with corporate policy.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute a comprehensive global commodity plan that focuses on alignment of supplier capabilities with customer requirements.
- Utilize 8020 concepts to create category specific strategies.
- Identify and implement supplier reduction strategies to improve supply chain KPI’s and reduce total cost of ownership.
- Build and maintain key relationships with suppliers to effectively achieve Price, OTD and DPPM goals.
- Negotiate long-term supplier agreements and contracts.
- Lead higher level projects, such as VAVE opportunities.
- Oversee MRO supplier partnership.
- Maximize the on-time delivery of quality products while minimizing the inventory investment through JIT and consignment inventory programs.
- Provide necessary reports for determining material input and material variance forecasts.
- Monitor monthly material input and communicate material inventory levels by commodity.
- Review purchased material variance reports and reconcile as required.
- Monitor market trends and communicate the impact on Aegis processes, material availability and cost to the appropriate business partners as needed.
- Partner with Supplier Quality and Engineering on supplier issues and corrective actions.
Education And Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Materials, or Industrial Technology or minimum of 5 years experience in a purchasing position or related experience in manufacturing, product engineering or machine shop quality.
- Documented experience successfully negotiating with Chinese and other international suppliers.
- Mechanical and technical aptitudes to understand engineering documents, including blueprints.
Other Special Requirements:
- APICS or CPM certificate preferred.
- Experience with JD Edwards preferred.
- Familiarity with sourcing of machined castings preferred.
- Experience with Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP) preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Work Environment Requirements:
- Ability to move within office and manufacturing complex and perform general office functions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, verbal and written, with people at all levels of the business.
- Travel up to 25% of the time, domestic and international.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?