- Exercises considerable judgement in determining work assignment priorities in use of equipment and use of manpower; modifies methods, procedures and priorities to meet changing conditions and determines materials equipment needed to complete jobs
- Knowledge in applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations pertaining to public works and utility functions to ensure that work is conducted in compliance with safety standards and regulations
- Organize, coordinate and manage the daily operations of the project
- Schedules, reviews and may participate in the work of technicians engaged in maintenance and repair of all related assets. Maintains records of maintenance performed as well as the daily implementation of the preventive maintenance program
- Continuously inspects work in progress with performance to plan and instructions
- Reviews work of subordinates and crews and progress performance with constructions, timeliness and safety
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Responsible for resolving customer complaints in a professional manner
- Maintain strong relationships with the city officials, employees, contractors, the general public, and representatives of other agencies
- Performs other related duties as directed
- High school diploma or GED; Associate’s degree preferred
- State Certification (Water Treatment, Wastewater Treatment, Natural Gas, Public Works)
- 5 years’ experience in Public Works (specifically water distribution, natural gas distribution, WWTP, collections)
- 5 years’ experience at a supervisory level
- A valid Driver’s License is required
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Preferred
- Knowledge in municipal public works such as planning, design, maintenance, and construction.
- Knowledge in the operation and maintenance of equipment used in municipal public works operations.
- Knowledge in principles of budget preparation and expenditure control.
- Knowledge in Principles of Effective Management Skills.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and implement municipal public works and utility programs/projects.
- Ability to analyze organizational and administrative problems, recommend alternative courses of action, and provide leadership to others in implementing such actions.